Los Angeles Dodgers Go Mattingly!

jameswilson posted on Apr 22, 2011 at 08:58PM
I just want a spot to document the various smart moves Mattingly makes in his first season as manager!

I have two off the top of my head - feel free to add as many as you want as they come!

1. Allowing Kershaw to stay in even though he was struggling on 4/21 in the bottom of the 9th.
Yea, Kershaw ended up blowing it, but I thought it was a great move. I think this will be a real turning point for Kershaw and I think it was great to see Mattingly showing some trust in his ace.

2. Putting Casey Blake in the 2 spot.
As Steve Lyons and Eric Collins said, hitting in the 2 spot is changing the way Casey hits for the better. He's had some great at bats this season and has had some clutch hits. Go Casey!

Los Angeles Dodgers 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago woohoomlb said…
3. 4/29 Putting Tony Gwynn in LF for the ninth inning. ingenious.
If Thames were there...?
4. Pushing Aaron Miles to the 8th hole, moving Sands up to 2nd, at first base, againstt a LHP.
last edited over a year ago
5. getting ejected on 5/9 after Uribe called the ump out on his blown call.. Uribe probly had no bussiness being thrown out but after he is Mattingly has to go out there and defend his player, i think.
over a year ago jameswilson said…
I agree! I was pleased to see him out there defending Uribe - plus that really was a terrible call! It could easily have been the difference in the game.
my thoughts exactly (: