Lost Charlie's Return?

BuffySummers17 posted on Jan 07, 2008 at 07:39PM
I don't know if you want to investigate this or just consider it a rumour, but a few things got me wondering whether Charlie may return in season five, and not just in flashback.

First there was your spoiler post quoting Damon when asked to give season four spoilers, the first thing he mentioned were the "save Charlie" T-shirts. Then, I learned from those who met Dom at London Film and Comic Con two weeks ago that on Saturday he was giving out stickers that said "I was Here Moments Ago". Here's the forum where they discuss it. Dom made sure everyone took one. He told someone getting an autograph that he could be back on Lost. I googled the phrase from the sticker and found your easter egg post showing that sticker on Charlie's guitar in GH. When fans asked him about the meaning behind his giving out those stickers at LFCC, he responded that it was a secret, but that "we would find out this time next year" (see Moffel's post from The Fuselage. There are other reports but I don't have links).

Could the mystery be that they learn in season four that Charlie's body is missing from the Looking Glass (when it was there moments ago) and in season five he somehow returns? There is still alot about that station and its white rabbit/black hole logo that is unexplained. Damon also said names mean something, and we know Charlotte Malkin (female form of Charlie) appeared to drown in icy water only to return. Also there is a new character cast called Charlotte who is "English, funny and in her 20's". Claire may now be left holding on to Charlie's ring without a body to bury very much like Rose did, always believing Bernard was alive when no one else did. Is that a clue that Charlie will return in a year like Bernard did? We still have Locke's vision of Charlie and Claire married in the airport from FI (note her wedding ring). Are these clues to Charlie's eventual resurrection via the mysterious island?

I was just looking for lost screensavers on the web when I found this.

Lost 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DarthVibbert said…
no one could wish that more then me but i don't think he's coming back in other any incarnation, other then hallucination or flashback
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago doonis said…
I agree with DarthVibbert. Charlie was great, but I'm sorry, he's gone. With Bernard he was just missing and unknown. With Charlie, it showed him die slowly, with the sad music and all. Plus, he wanted to die so Claire and Aaron would get off the island.
over a year ago thecon said…
I don't know where, but I did here something about Charlie coming back in season 5. Though I have to admit it is much nicer, and hardcore if he stays dead, because it is a dark story arc/end and it shows us that ANYONE can die, which makes the ride much more interesting.
over a year ago waltercat said…
I doubt he will come back either.
over a year ago BuffySummers17 said…
I have to agree with all of you, but did you see the preveiws for season 4? the ship is bad, lets just say that. So Charlie Died for nothing because they all have to stay on that island for some reason
over a year ago heroesfan4eva said…
hes in the season 4 preview so obviously hes making an appearence, hope its like 'yay everyone i survived' check out that video 'charlie pace cant be dead' it proves that he couldnt technically have drowned as the water would have compressed the air and the water wouldnt have been able to rise any further than the hole.
over a year ago Miley_rocks456 said…
No he is in a flasback, Hurley's flashback.
over a year ago mattmandu said…
There has been too much of a story invested in his character. I'm guessing that Charlie will float out of that portal that was blown open, and get washed up on the beach, at which time the island will heal him. OR, Desmond will somehow open that hatch and get him out of there. CPR, baby.
over a year ago RainbowGeek819 said…
I just thought Charlie only died for aaron cuz claire never really get off the island

also...I dont care if its a load of bull

I only care for charlie coming back.....as a hobbit XD
over a year ago marissa said…
Lmao, RainbowGeek! I agree, let's bring in some hobbits! Ben kind looks like one already :)

As for him coming back... I'm torn. A part of me thinks it's ridiculous, and a part of me thinks its so cool!

However, if he does come back, I think it'll be in a flashback, so as "Ghost Charlie". If he comes back and is fine, I'll (the BIGGEST CHARLIE FAN EVER) will be like, "come on...that's so unbelievable!"

If he was alive all this time, why didn't he go back to the beach?

Anyhow, I deffinatly do hope we get to see some of Charlie in S5!

(Whatever happened to his ring? Have we ever seen Claire or Aaron with it?)
over a year ago Giovanni_wasto said…
Even if Charlie's body is missing from the Looking Glass, all that would mean is that the island has claimed it - similar to Yemi and Christian - and the monster will start manifesting itself as him. In fact, that could already be happening in Hurley's flashforwards. Charlie died. Even if someone like time travelled back to stop him dying, he would still die due to course-correcion. I'm sorry, but he is gone. You're going to have to get all your British-stereotype-related-fun from Charlotte and Desmond.
over a year ago coolieokid said…
i think he is alive and he will be back!i never lost hope but this gives me more hope!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago HannaK said…
Maybe Charlie will return in a flashback/flashforward or as a ghost/smoke monster but he is dead
over a year ago Ronoberrr said…
When you see charlie in season 4 i believe it is, its in hurleys flashforward and i think he says he's alive( not too sure on that ) but in season 5 hurley is playing chess in the institute/hospital with mr eko who is believed to be dead is he not? and in rthe second episode i think it is hurley is driving with sayid and they get pulled over by a police officer and when the hurley winds down the window it is Ana Lucia who is also beleive to be dead so there is a stong chance of charlie coming back along with other main characters who died and also the 5th season they are shifting thorugh time so theres a possibilty that they alter something which will effect the future

hoep this is of some help