Lost Episode 12: Good? Bad? Boring?

greedo posted on Mar 15, 2007 at 05:40PM
What did you think of the latest installment of Lost? I didn't think it was awful, but I also didn't think it was great. It was just kinda "eh". My main gripe is that it wasn't all that interesting and it didn't leave me aching for more next week (that's what Lost used to do for me on a weekly basis).

It didn't help that Claire is one of my least favorite characters (and her hanger-on wannabe boyfriend Charlie is my least favorite) or that we got to find out that Jack's father has slept with everyone on the show at one point or another.

Lost, I'm really pining for some of that season 1 mojo!

Lost 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago flowerpower said…
It wasn't the best episode of the season, but it was pretty good. It helped moved some plotlines forward (like the expedition to the Others encampment). I thought the cliffhanger was creepy! Did Jack just drink the koolaid?
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago thecon said…
It wasn't the best, but loving the reveal of claire being Jack's sister. I think the eps with claire flashbacks are quite crap anyway.... we need a good locke-centric episode, which we be getting next week. I think that is gonna wipe the floor with the rest of season 3.
over a year ago pablofranques said…
Hi there. I am very new to this. I've never entered a forum before so please go easy.

I have watched up to episode 11 and thanks to Sky removing sky one from NTL I am now behind scheule and hunting for episodes on the web!

Forgive me if I am a few episodes behind everyone else but did anyone notice that MITTELOS biomedical research is an anagram of LOST TIME? Also, does anyone remember the Jack lookalike at the end of season 3? And was Libby actually in the Institution, or was Hurley just hallucinating?

over a year ago pablofranques said…
Apologies, it was at the end of season 2, not 3.
Amyway, while we are on the subject,

How did Rousseau's ship get there? And the V-DUB? does anyone remember the numbers changing slightly on the printout in the hatch where we first saw the guy with the patch? This co-incided with the plane crash. But how did Libby's yacht actually end up back on the island?

Remember Walt? He had some psycho-kinetic powers - not that that's been mentioned for a while. A "monster" ripped the dead pilot from the nose section. The shark that nearly attacked "good" michael and Sawyer whilst on the raft had a Dharma logo on it.

There are just too many questions to answer and just not enough time left in 12 episodes. Well, maybe I will be proven wrong.
over a year ago Lav said…
I quite liked it- but then again, I like Charlie and Claire. They were great in season one, but it kills me that they've had nothing to do since then. As a small character piece, the episode was pretty good, though a little obvious and dull in places. And the ending made my head hurt.
over a year ago PaulLev said…
I thought it brought the series back to life - see my review at link
over a year ago dave said…
Welcome Pablo! We're so excited that you've chosen to choose the Fanpop Lost forum to be your first! That's exciting! Don't worry, the fans on Fanpop are pretty easy going and it's a welcoming place for most any fan. Everyone is very civil and encouraging for the most part.

Nice catch on the MITTELOS! There are definitely too many questions unanswered, but fortunately or rather unfortunately, we have many more than 12 episodes to wrap it all up. There's going to be 4 more seasons likely of the show that will drag on the mysteries for a few more years. So they better figure out a way to explain all of it from the yacht to Rousseau to the monster that killed my favorite character Eko. Like I said in a previous forum post, JJ Abrams better not ruin this series like he did with Alias!