Sign Language Welcome to the Sign Language Spot

meredith posted on Aug 29, 2006 at 06:37PM
Welcome! Please leave a note and say hi. Tell us what country you're from, whether or not you know sign language, or if you're learning sign language. Feel free to mention other personal stuff like your age but you don't have to tell anything you don't want to.

Sign Language 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago troll said…
Hi! Im from Norway, learning Sign Language now. It is big challange and very interesting.
Come on guys, be more active!!! :)))
over a year ago Nienke8 said…
Hi everybody!
I'm Nienke, and i'm from Holland/The Netherlands. And I live in Amsterdam.
I do know a bit of sign language, but only the characters (letters) of the alfabet, so I have to spell everything out. I just got a member here at fanpop (3 hours ago exactly)... And eh, don't know what else to say.
I hope I'll get some response, because I think the subject of this spot is very good and original. Bye!
over a year ago angels said…
Hi. Im Angels from Ackerman,MS. I have always been interested in sign language. I cant really remember how but a music teacher taught us how to sign "SILENT NIGHT" in school. I would like to find out how again!
over a year ago cocacola said…
Hi I'm cocacola from New Jersey. My math teacher teaches my class how to sign and she started a club. :)
over a year ago triplethreat said…
heart
hey, i'm from maryland and i started learning the alphabet but in tenth grade i am hopefully gonna take the class !!!!!!!
over a year ago para-scence said…
Hi, my name's Monica. I'm from the U.S. I started learning sign language a few years ago. I know the alphabet pretty well, so i spell most things out, but i can remember a few others. I do not need to know sign language, but I wanted to learn some kind of language, & since I don't like to talk a lot I thought sign language was perfect for me.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago die-hard379 said…
hello, I'm from Paris and I'm learning sign language because a friend of mine is deaf and we can't talk with him. It's quite hard but I think I'll be able to talk qith him in some months :)
over a year ago kbcake said…
big smile
hi im katie from wisconsin and i want to learn more sign laguage because my freind is deaf and has a hearing aid and if it dies like the battery it is hard to talk to her but she can also read lips but it is just too hard still! so thats my story anyone here who lives in wisconsin, waukesha that goes to butler so thanks bye!
over a year ago RED822 said…
Hiya, I'm Rosa from Upstate New York. I know some sign language, and am still learning more. I am hard of hearing. I have bilateral hearing aids, but don't wear them often, because when i do and i'm out, people look and talk to me like i'm stupid. I DO read lips, have been since i was a young kid. I plan on going to the community college here, to take their classes, which are fairly new, and i am very glad. I'm 35, love spending time with a few close friends and my three cats, watching movies, esp. horror, I'm still a kid at heart, and try not to take things to seriously. ya well that's it for now. Take it easy all.
over a year ago Jacob454 said…
hey I am Jacob from Ireland and I know everything even sign language
over a year ago Jacob454 said…
and oh I am 18
over a year ago k34ayako said…
Hello, I'm Ayako. I saw a short video about sign language in Facebook. Since then I have been interesting to sign language. I've never studied about it, but I like to know any types of languages.
I have some question. Is there any difference in sign language up to the country?