The Fanfic Story of Lightning

crazyfanatic posted on Jan 07, 2012 at 04:12PM
This story is about a daughter of Zeus whose destiny is to be a heroine and keep the world in the line between life and death. Another side of the second Titan War, and another adventure. It is somehow related to PJO but generally new characters, new stories and new dangers.

I hope you'll like it and I hope I can keep that going ;)))))))))
last edited on Jan 12, 2012 at 04:18PM

The Fanfic 36 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago elifsila said…
mischievous
Okay I want to see it's first chapter
over a year ago crazyfanatic said…
Prologue
Zeus’s PoV
I looked her in the eyes and begged one more time
“ Please Melanie, she has no place to go!” my voice was weak but determined
“ Why would I do that? Show me a reason for this! Why would I take her near, take the sign of your betrayal to me?!” She screamed madly. Her eyes were full of anger, I saw how much hurt she was.
“ I never betrayed you! I was desperate, hopeless because of our fights and because we broke up, I just couldn’t give up on you. I tried to forget you, a lot. And that’s the reason she came to life, nothing else, not that I loved someone else. I tried it so hard, but no women have made me forget you”
Suddenly, I saw her face calmed down a bit, kind of blushed. But she was stil trying to look angry.
“ Her mother died! I tried to give her to her relatives but they all got scared of what she is! And I don’t even care about that women’s death, if she was alive, you would stil make a beter mother than her”
She was impressed, she couldn’t say a word against compliments, I knew that will work on her. Her face-emotion got softer and softer,in fact she was trying to hide a smile
“ Melanie Grace, please”
I looked her in the eyes and she finally made eye contact with me. I stepped closer to her and hold her arm, trying to show her my love
She sighed, for a moment she looked undecided then nooded slowly, then cheerfully she put her arms around and hugged me.
“ You won’t leave me again, right?” she asked worried, with a doubt in her eyes for a second
“ I won’t leave any of you”
I wished I didn’t have to lie to her, but it was impossible. But I had to do my best, because it was all my fault. Still, I felt like a thousands of weight was taken from my shoulders. Thoughts were running in my head. She had a place to stay, a place to live.
“ She has to be here in at least tomorrow morning, so please be prepared” I gently kissed her in the cheek. She grinned, at least she was not depressing anymore, not stresfull or mad. I opened the door, waved my hand and got out of the house.
I took a deep breath in the second I made it. It was going to be hard, but I had to take risk. Poor girl. She lost her mother, which actually caused a deap pain to me. She was just so young and innocent. Her life was going to be hard enough, she didn’t deserve another difficulty. Now, she had a mother, a sister and a chance for a good life. These things were guite logical but somehow, I knew Violet Cassandra Moon, my daughter will have an epic, incredible life and destiny.

there could be grammar mistakes, remember I'm not american;))
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago jigsawwolf said…
wink
Finally you can put a chapter it is very very good and please put more chapters
over a year ago jigsawwolf said…
smile
Bence grammar gayet iyi olmuş(sılaya göre çok iyi)alınma sıla senin chapterların da çççooookkk iyi
angry
SHUT UP,KES SESİNİ TAMAM MI,OKAY BAHAR,ARWEN,OR WHATEVER
over a year ago hollistergurl said…
keep on posting! :)
and as for grammar,
here's an example:
I looked her in the eyes and begged one more time.
"Please, Melanie, she has no place to go!" My voice was weak but determined.
“Why would I do that? Show me a reason for this! Why would I take her near, take the sign of your betrayal to me?!” She screamed madly. Her eyes were full of anger, I saw how much hurt she was.

i hope that helps :)
it's very good though, please post soon! :D
over a year ago sparkles3 said…
this is epic. and my name is Violet, so i like it even more.
over a year ago SenorMcCool said…
Great story! And yeah, you need on your grammar a little.
big smile
THNX! and grammar, yeah told you so:)) english is my second language so plz forgive my mistakes I'm not as good as you in this language guys;))
Ok, here it comes,

Chapter 1
Thalia’s PoV
The door of kitchen opened slowly, all I have to do was to not get noticed. I went across the room fast, oh why were these shelfs so high? I was trying to reach ta glass when I heard someone’s steps. Oh no.
My mother was standing at the door. I looked nothing like her, she had curly, blond hair with brown streaks and eyes coloured caramel-brown. She was wearing a dress and a LOT of make up like she usually did those days. At that moment, she was staring at me weirdly.
“ What are you doing here?” she asked, kind of suspicious and ready to got mad.
“ Need water”
I looked at her in a dangerous way too, which I was better at it. She came near to me and got a glass on the shelf.
“ I need one more”
“ Why?” her voice was getting louder
“ For Violet” I murmured, but she heard it.
Her eyes widened and her face I knew she couldn’t stand hearing her name, seeing her face or anything about Violet.
“ She doesn’t even deserve to be here! I’m letting this thing to live in my house, there’s no way I’ll give her anything else!” She screamed, looking insane. Yep, that was my freaking mother, someone who goes crazy just thinking a glass of water
Suddenly she started to laugh madly and loud ok, one of her anger attacks was coming
She rolled her eyes “That mother of this silly girl, what she was thinking? To get the love of the strongest, greatest god? She is not worth it! I am! I am beautiful and perfect enough for him! Hera herself should be afraid from me! And that’s why that girl shouldn’t taken care of! My kids are more important, more precious…” She playfully caught my shoulder-long straight black hair but I stepped back. My turn to be furrious.
“ Violet is not a thing! She is a person who is so much better than you, in the age 4! While you were busy with pitying yourself and going crazy, she is the one who takes care of Jason with me!”
She looked shocked, hurt and confussed, but she got madder after the things I said
“ That thing(is she deaf or something?!!!) is getting close to my baby?! My son?! It’s enough! She must stay away from him-“
“ Your baby!? Really? You never cared about him, never spent time with him! For you, he is just a reason to catch dad’s attention or a thing that you are proud of because my father was a god!” I felt anger in every single part of my body “ No in this case, he needs sisters more than a mother!”
I shot the door and ran to my room. It was like that all the time. Just thinking how wonderful she was, talking to herself, drinking and being nothing but a headache.
“ Are you all right?”
My sister was standing behind me, I turned around and looked at her. Her mother was Asian (sadly, half-sister) and she looked like that too. She had a little dark skin with wavy-straight, long dark brown (looks like black) hair. But still, our eyes were same: electric blue. But hers were a bit different, they were more-icy. She was a few inches shorter than me, and we could share clothes because of this. She didn’t have any, (like my mother’s gonna buy) she was wearing my jeans that moment and a t-shirt which was too loose for her. She was just so innocenct, but her face was wild and determined, which makes us look just similar. She was really skinny, but was I normal? Was Jason? No we were super slim because of our physco mother. Still we were strong, stronger than the most of the other children, and we were connected to each other really deeply. Violet has been with us for 2 years and I just loved her so much, just like Jason. She was one of the reasons I tolerate my mother. Anyway, I came back to earth among my thouths and answered her
“ Yeah, I’m fine...nothing different that the usual” I sighed, her eyes were questioning me.
“ Umm, is there a problem?” I asked
“ Oh, Jason couldn’t sleep, I think he wants you there”
We got of the room went to the one in the end of the corridor. Near the window, Jason was lying in his little bed I got close, a grin came to his face when he saw me. I took him in my arms.
“ What’s the problem big boy?”
He giggled, not many one-year old can talk but he could in this age.
“ Tha-iaaaaaaaa”
Ok, that wasn’t the exact thing I was talking about but anyway… We played for a while, then I put him in his place.
“ It’s time to sleep sweety”
Then I turned to Violet
“ Sing”
She was suprised
“ What?”
“ You know he likes your voice, sing for him”
She looked like she was going to say something but started to sing. When she opened her mouth, I felt like I was hearing angels. Her voice was so pure… Sometimes it made me wonder how such a young person could sing like that.
Jason’s eyes were closed, his face was peaceful. I smiled at Violet and she did back.
My mother was a freak. I didn’t care.
Everything was great, all I need was my little family
big smile
I hope you'll like it guys! And for some background information, the first chapters, (probably till the 4th chapter) it will be about the 4-year old Violet, kind of childhood part, but the exciting parts will come later because I need to set the scene,
plz tell me your ideas!
Okay, this is the 4-year old Violet
               Okay, this is the 4-year old Violet
angry
Woooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww... You know,you are an evil... Can I have a snaek peak at school? Plz.....
Ha bi de bi de yazar benim ha .... Kızım harbi seni öldürücem ya her şeyde yetenekli olunmaz... de git be
mischievous
Kızım tabi ki yazar sensin saçmalama ya hikayesi popular content e giren bn diilm ayrıca her şeyde yetenekli olan ben değilim bahar unutmayalım lütfen;)))
angry
Bahar yazmada iyi değil ayrıca vallah bi insan bu kadar mı gıcık olur ya bu kızım ben hayata bu kadar iyi ingilizce yazı yazamam
over a year ago SenorMcCool said…
wink
@Crazyfanatic: I live in France right now, but this month I'm visited my brother MisterPerfect1. I've heard some people say that they're learning Spanish or german. But I already know at least six languages and right now I'm learning English. So just keep practicing. Once you learn one language, learning another one gets even easier. ;D
big smile
I am working really hard on it!!!! Really, I have the best grades in our class and I really love English, I'll do my best to improve it!! Oh and another thing, the problem is that English grammar and sentence-built, or anything is so different for us because it is the exact opposite of Turkish!!!
post soon!
big smile
I'll post the new chapter before the weekend! Ok Violet's childhood can be boring for you, I understand that and I'll come to the enjoyable-teen parts as fast as I can;)) And oh, I'll post pictures ( doll-versions ) of new characters every chapter and I'd be glad to hear your ideas about them ;))
New chappies! I'm posting 2 chapters this time!

Chapter 2
Thalia’s PoV
The bell rang? Our bell never rang! None of us were allowed to get out of the house, and mother’s friends always waited her outside to go to clubs and got drunk. I didn’t even remember the voice of it. I walked to the door and opened it quietly, the view was suprising
“ Dad?”
He smiled to me
“ Hello daughter”
He was usually formal but he was acting more like a father these days. He brushed my hair, I heard footsteps. I guessed mother heard our talks, she run from inside. She pushed me and hugged him. Calm down, don’t get mad.
“ Hi Melanie…”
She directlly took him to the living room and stare at me to go to my room. Violet was sleeping there so I went to our studying room.
I was just so, tired. Nightmares. I couldn’t sleep because of them, I saw them all night. Monsters, they were everywhere. In my nightmares, I always faced the death, always got chased and got tried to be killed. Sometimes they were even worse. I heard voices, whispering at my ear, something calling for me. It was hard, really hard, all of this - But my life was going to change. I knew that, just didn’t know it would happen in a that close time
I don’t know for how long I was lost in thoughts but I came to myself when I heard shouts. It was them
“ Calm down Melanie!”
“ I WON’T!!” she screamed, I sneaked out of the room, went there and started watch them from the glass part of the door.
“ It’s enough! You always loved her more! More than my children. You only care about her, her and only her!!! I gave you everything ! I gave you my love, myself and two kids, a son and a daughter. Is that how you thank me?! Caring about nothing but another women’s daughter? It looks like all things I’ve done didn’t mean anything to you and I’m sick of it! I’m sick of it that she always comes the first!”
Mom was looking horrible, her hair was messy, there were tears but her eyes were looking really wilde, angry and insane. She was standing in front of dad in this way, scary huh?
“ You are overacting Melanie! There’s no such thing like that! I love you all! Really, I just asked you to treat her better, you are understanding everything wrong! “
She was about to start shouting again but then she crossed her arms and talked in a arrogant way
“ I’m not letting her stay, take her out ”
I was a hundred percent sure thatmy heart stopped. Something was happening to me, I felt like I could fall anytime. That sentence, those words coming from her mouth just didn’t make sense. Probably I heard it wrong. Probably she didn’t dare say what I thought, right?
“ What?! Oh, c’mon! You can’t be serious Melanie! Please, what do you expect me to do with her now? She can’t live like that!
When I looked at father’s face, it showed something for the first time: weakness. I understood that in fact, he had no control on my mother.
Then it hit me. Why would he be this way if everything was normal? It was happening! She was really making Violet leave! No...No, No, NO! It was impossible to think how to live without her... Without her waking me up every morning with a huge smile, watching stars together at nights, listening her breathing when I couldn’t sleep... Just her being. And Jason, he would lose his mind if he wouldn’t her face one day.
Everything was falling apart. They were destroying my family. And I couldn’t help but wanted to throw my parents out of the window.
While thinking these things, I almost got another heart attack because of the hand on my shoulder. Guess I wasn’t only one who was annoyed of the voice.
“ What’s going on?”
It was Violet, and Jason was on her arms, looking curious. Violet was kind of panicked and worried and she was right to be, because they saw us.
The door opened with an incredible speed and voice. Mom was standing right in front of me with a look I can’t even describe. Her eyes were like volcanas which can blow any second
“ YOU!”
Dad came when she turned to Violet
She pulled Jason immediatly and put (or throw?!) him on ground. Yeah, that was why we were keeping him away from her. She grabbed Violet thoughly in the arm and started to drag her
“ MELANIE STOP!”
But she didn’t listen, I tried to stop her ( punched her ),for a minute, she was about to fall but she hit me.
Jason was crying, he was screaming Violet’s name (in his own ways). I went near and took him, but he was still trying to reach Violet . I looked at her, she was just so frightened and shocked about what was happening. She tried to escape from my mom’s arms but it didn’t work.
I looked at my father, he was shouting, telling mom to stop. But when I looked at his face, the way he was looking to mom, on his face, there was … fear?
The King of the Gods Was Afraid From A Freak Lost-Minded Woman
Violet screamed. I turned around see that mom was taking her out of the door. She looked at me. Seeing her like that separeted me into pieces. And for the first time, I saw tears on her eyes. Mom had always treated her in a horrible way, she had done anything she could do to her, but she never cried till that day.

Who knew the last time I saw her would be like that?
mischievous
This is Mrs. Grace
This is Mrs. Grace
Ok I decided to get you ideas before the next chapter. Tell what you think about, I don't know, the story. What do you think will happen to Violet? I need to hear your ideas to improve myself. Oh and here is a linker between chapter 2-3

Zeus’s PoV
Pain, I felt a horrible pain in my stomach when I saw Melanie throwing Violet to the street. How could she turned out to be like that? It was the time, time to leave her. Maybe a few weeks, months more but it couldn’t continue like that. It was dangerous, for both me and her. I had things to do, it was impossible form me to spend time with a mortal that much. And her, she was totally losing her mind.

I looked at the street. I saw her laying on the cold floor, then I thoutgh about Thalia and Jason. They couldn’t continue like that too, but I knew they’ll have their own lives in a close time. And Violet... I guess her story was beginning right now
cool
Amazing job see you are better than me my dear bff
over a year ago Kaia143 said…
heart
i love the story so far.
its awesome!!!!!
please post soon!!!
big smile
thank you Kaia143! and elif you know I can never beat you about writing <333 ;-))
big smile
New Page
Yup;-)))))) ~~~
Post soon!!
big smile
I know it took long but I think I can post 2 chapters this time;))
big smile
Yay!!!!!
Cant wait!!
Ok I know I haven't been uploading for a loooooooooooooooooong time and I know most of you don't care because there weren't much in the story till know but I just want to say that I had problems with my grades and now I'm trying to make everything better about both them and here so there are 2 chapters... Oh and there is a note... My dear English teacher, I used some of our vocabulary words here, see I know how to make sentences with them, so plz don't make up me do the stupid vocabulary homework you give!

Chapter 3
Violet’s PoV
Four kids were running, the youngest was probably 7 and the oldest was 14. Two boys and two girls, they were all breathing hard and running for their lives. Their faces were foggy, like it was behind a cloud. The things which were chasing them came to see sight. Monsters. They came to a hill and the older girl suddenly stopped.
She told something to others, and they started to argue, whatever she was saying, the others definitely didn’t agree and stood against her. They shouted and tried to drag her, but the girl made them run away and faced the monsters. She only had a shield and a spear against all of them. It was clear that she didn’t have a chance, but when she attacked, everything changed. Her moves were sharp, quick and deadly. Most of the monsters didn’t caused her problem, died easily. She seemed so normal, like it was a typical thing, like that had happened thousands times before. She was so fast that none of the beasts understand what happened when they died. It was a miracle. It all ended when the she started to lose blood. I wasn’t important at the beginning but in the end it started to make her tired. Things began to become harder. She slowed down, and for a moment, she was about to fall.
With a move of her spear, another one died. The monsters were turning to something like… dust? They were just dissapearing without a body left. Whatever was happening, it looked like the last one wasn’t going to be that way easily.
The fight was like taken from a movie. Both sides were incredibly fast and their moves were something supernatural, inhuman, It was impossible to see that scene in normal life. The girl was triyng everything she could, but her screams froze my blood. She was trying really hard hide her pain but it was visible that she was covered with her blood.
It happened like it was in a slow mood.
The last monster’s claw got to the girl’s chest and cuted it. She screamed as loud as she can, her hands got together where it was bleeding, and she slowly fell to the ground. Her friends’ shouts were even more heartbreaking. The other girl was yelling so bad that some other kids had to came and took her away. She kicked and punched them and continued screaming but she was too weak that moment, against all of them. The older boy tried to run to her but they hold him too. But he still resisted with all his strength, they needed six-seven people to stop him. He cried her name, over and over. Seeing her dying both made her and him go insane.
Her eyes were closing. But she had to fight. She had to win. For them she thought, for my family.
Suddenly she stood up. She murmured something and run to the beast with her last piece of energy. Her spear hit it on the stoamch. When the sharp side of it touched it, a squil came from his mouth which was enought to take the ability of hearing from you forever. It turned to dust and dissapeared, like it never happened. But it looked like it was real since the girl was laying on the ground without moving. She whispered a few words, her last words, with her last breath. Her eyes closed.
After a few second her friends’ voices came to the scene and they all ran towards her. The young girl let herself go on her and hugged her death body tightly. Her tears ere streaming down her red cheeks. One of the boys couldn’t get closer, he just fell on to his knees. He was looking so hopeless that it made me feel the pain of him. The other one leaned to her face and weeped on her forehead as loud as he could. He talked to her, asked her to come back. His voice got weaker by time, but he still continued. That boy was the first to notice that something was hapening.
The girl’s body started to sparkle. They stepped back and tried to understand what was happening. She was changing. It was hard to understand what was the transformation, but before they react, everything become clearer for me. Now it was possible to see what was she looking like. Her skin was pale and she was wearing black-punk clothes with dark make-up. Her hair was shoulder-lenght, black, straight and spiky. All I could do was screaming when I saw her half-closed electric blue eyes.

That couldn’t be happening. That couldn’t be real. I felt like my body turned to stone when I woke up. The dream… Ok, one thing for you to now about me is that I had dreams all the time. I might be only 4, but I could understand what they meant. They could show me everytime,near future, hundred years later, past, exactly that moment. This one was from future, someone’s death… The problem was that the person who died was my sister. She was looking compeletely older, but I would knew her anywhere. Thalia…
I had to prevent it. But you know, this kind of things aren’t easy if you are freak who is drived away from home. I looked at the building, my ex-home. I had been sleeping near it in the street that night. I wanted to run back there, to my family more than anything. But the swelling in my arm was a sign for me to not.
I wanted to cry. Just let the tears fall. How could I stand that? I had to be strong, I had promised Thalia to never cry in my whole life. She had said that it was for weak people, said that I should have not ruin my face with tears. And when I had asked the reason why Jason was always doing it, her anwer had been that he was a boy and that wouldn’t count.
But last night, I had been broken my promise. I felt ashamed, like a big baby.
My hands were freezing. I tried to move my fingers but they were all icy. I gasped on them to keep warm but still, the cold was painful. I was only with a cardigan in a day of december. ı could see the vapor of my breath. I was shaking so bad that my body started to got hurt by hitting somewhere. It was time to stand up, but was it normal that I couldn’t feel my legs?

I never thoutgh walking 3 steps would ever be so hard to me. The streets were kind of empty. I wondered what the time was. 7 a.m?8 ? There were just a few couples, some old people and some groups of teens.
I tries every shop’s door, but they were all locked. After a minute, I just fell to the ground in front of one. My nails were getting even worse and my eyes were closing. I knew I had to keep them open but it was just so… hard. I don’t know for how long I lost my conscience, but I startled when I heard some people’s talk
“ Are you lost little girl?”
They were all boys probably aged between 17-20. All of them were wearing black clothes and leather jackets. Evil smiles were on all of them faces’ which scared me to death. I was so in trouble.
“ Where are your parents huh? Let us take you to them” his voice was cracky and cold. He had a weird-long face with a nose like a hook
“ Well according to your armelet – his eyes were connected on my arm- they will pay a lot for you”
Everyone was standing still. It was like silence before storm, you know like word “silence before the storm”(I’M JUST GUESSING IF ANYONE KNOWS THE EXACT TRANSLATION TELL ME AND I’LL CHANGE IT)and suddenly I started to run and scream, I was like a bunny against a lion. It was useless. I was scared to death and surrounde, weak, there was no chance. One of them caught me immediately and I yelled for help, I didn’t know what to do, all I could do was screaming and crying. He puted his hand on my mouth to keep me quiet, but ummm biting can work in this kind of situations.
“ Awww!!”
The freak threw me to the ground, screamed and jumped painfuly and shook his hand, it vould have been pretty funny if, you know, I wasn’t about get kidnapped or worse. He kicked me in the stomach, and if that ever happened to you, you would understand the describtion when I say “ I was blowing”
“ You little-“
A voice interrupted him, someone was standing behind us. The stranger was wearing a cloak nothing was visible, but I guessed she was a girl from the way she stood
“ Give her to me”
Yup, definitely a girl’s voice. Her accent was weird, it wasn’t like anything I had ever heard. It was a confident voice, she sounded mature but young, threatening at the same time.
“ Or what?”
Those smiles again.
“ You know it is really dangerous for you, a defenseless young girl to get into things like that...”
“ It would be dangerous if I was a defenseless girl”
One point to the mysterious woman and the weirdo is stil nothing. Ok. I liled the way it was going. His smile faded, he stepped closer.
“ Seriously, go away” He looked at her face under the cloak “ We wouldn’t want to hurt a girl like you “
The answer was simple and certain, there was no fear in her voice which made me giggle against the boy, because somehow I knew he was about to get cracked like a bug.
“ Not until you let the girl go”
And that moment she attacked before I could understand what was happening. She had an incredible speed and it reminded me of a wild cat, the one you see on tv, trying to protect her cubs. The stranger turned around herself, her cloak wawing behind her, and kicked one of them. Others got to the mood and fought back, but it didn’t mean anything, a little too late huh? One of them tried to punch her but she caught his wrist and turned it around, the man yelled and fall on to his knees, got a kick at his back at the same time. Another one attacked her at the back but she grabbed him. She was so powerful that she threw him over her head to the wall like it was the easiest thing in the world. She handled them all easily. The leader of the gang(hook-nosed) was obviously living the biggest shock of his life, but he didn’t stand still and made a mistake like running to her.
The moment he reached her, the mysterious girl sticked her nails on his arm. With the other hand, she scraged him and threw him to wal too. When he lost his consciousness she finally let go of him. Her eyes searched for me and she quickly turned to me and got my face between her hands.
“ Are you ok?”
I nooded, just couldn’t talk
“ Are you sure? You got no wounds right?”
She kept searching me to see if I was ok, her voice and face was so worried that it made me feel weird and kind of happy at the same time.
“ Oh, you look so pale and cold, let’s make you warm”
She took out her cloak. The mysterious girl (I liked calling her that) was like, 20-22, and ceratinly she was the most beautiful girl I could have ever see in my whole life. I had seen a lot of actresses and those kind of stuff because of Mrs. Grace, but they couldn’t even hold a candle to her. Her skin was bronzed, caramel coloured, but natural, not like the ones who spends hours under the sun. Her long wawey hair was shining in the first lights of the day I couldn’t help but adore everypart of it. It was black, like ink, like a winter night, like a raven but some parts of it was golden-blond. Her facials features were sharp and her cheekbones looked like it was drawn by a pen. There were tatoos and some ancient figures there, which I found a bit scary, and her eyes… Wow. Let me try to explain the colour... Orange? They were a kind of amber. They were wild as cats, dangerous as snakes, and graceful as wolfs. She was wearing dark eyeliner and everything about her was screaming like I’m deadly, but still (don’t know how or why) I felt warmth somewhere inside when she looked at me soft and lovely. She looked so royal
“ Ummmmmm, are you a princess?” (Hey, I was only 4!)
She simply bursted out laughing.
“ No, well we can say I used to-“
“ Then why are you wearing a crown?” I pointed at the gold circle thing on her head
“ It is not exactly a crown, it is- well what do you think about coming with me? I think we will get on well. And I can give you one of these circled things if you want”
So again, what do you expect a lonely 4 year-old girl to do?
“ Offf course definitely yess!
I didn’t know what had happened but I felt a crazy excitement, and all of a sudden, I jumped to her neck. She hugged back.
It was a sudden decision but I just felt so close to her
“ That’s lovely! Ok, I know you’re special, you understand what I mean?”
I nooded. Being a demigod, I was getting reminded of it since the day I was born.
“ I’ll do anything to make you comfortable. By the way I’m Atalanta, and what your name might be?
“ Violet”
“ Violet. It’s the perfect name. Kind of mysterious, dangerous and spooky. But it is pure as the flowers of spring… It sounds royal and honoured, the greates of colours… Violet. It means a lot. A perfect name for a perfect fighter and hunter”
My jaw drooped. I had never thoutght about my name that much, but I was really happy that Atalanta liked it.
“ Hey, again, why are we standing here? In cold? Let’s go, I’m not going to let you freeze”
I gave her a smile and took her hand. But, after a step, I looked back.
Because of everything that had happened, I couldn’t understand what it meant. Living with Atalanta meant that I had to leave here, my home, my life, my family, my Thalia and Jason
It wasn’t easy to give up on all these things.
Atalanta looked at me like she understood what ı was thinking
“ I know what you’ve been through”
I didn’t answer
“ I know your feelings, I know how much hard this is for you, but you should know that you can never go back”
Tears were coming again, I would never have chance too see them again?! I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t even know why she hated me so much or what ı had done wrong!
Atalanta grabbed my shoulder gentely “ Look at me Violet, it’s much bigger than you think, ok? It’s not just about the problems with that woman. I can’t expain it to you, but you should know that there are important other reasons for that. I know it’s terrible for you, but you can handle it. We can handle it. I’m giving you the opportunity to to come with me, my help. You are a strong girl Violet, and I’m here for you. I know that a fighter is laying in you, and all you have to do is setting it free, she will handle the rest for you. I’ll help you to get through these things, you should know that your way is long and difficult, but you are strong enough for this. I know it, and now honey, please don’t cry"
She wiped my tears, uhhhhhh it annoyed me to much to be weak
“ You can make it”
I felt kinda calm, my muscules relaxed. She was right, I wasn’t going to just sit and weep. I was different. I wasn’t like the other kids, I was stronger. There were lots of things to do, but I felt like I could just do anything. By anything, I mean really ANYTHING. It felt like, like I was powerful. I somehow lived that feeling which was away from for a long time. And for the first time, I wanted to be challenged. Yeah people, this was the first time that I wanted some difficulty and excitment in my life, and that… Well, that made me, Me. That was the first step of being a fighter, and again that moment, I adored Atalanta. I forgot everything, and just wanted to be like her.
“ You are very brave my young one, but don’t worry you won’t be alone. You will see that, and by the way, our way is really long. But it will worth it, I promise”
I started to fallow her like a tail, Everything she did was charming.
“ Violet, meet your friends in this journey. They will take you as a sister and love you that much”
I looked at where she was pointing and my jaw simply drooped( I know, again)
Over some blocks, at the park, there was a huge group of girls. They were all wearing cloaks but they weren’t hiding their faces. They were probably somethings between 3-7
My brain was telling me to not believe my eyes. Wow, there were 20-30 girls in the middle of the street. All of them were savage and royal
“ Are they… are they all with you?”
“ Yes sweetheart, they’re your new family”
It was better than I could imagine, better than I could ever wish.
I had a home.

Chapter 4
Violet’s PoV

I felt the chain in my arm. Okkk, it was close this time. Still, not hurting me like always. I catched it and tried to take over the control, but I knew my rival was professional. She pulled it to herself
and turned it above her head. She hurled it to me, but what were my dear friends waiting? The chain got blocked by my daggers. She was fast. Fast and unpredictable, probably one of the most dangerous enemies you can ever have but hey, don’t ever underestimate me. I ran towards her, jumped over her head. My daggers met the chain the moment she turned around. She tried to enwrap it to my neck, I stopped the chain with my left hand before it fully surrounded my throat. And in a second, she made her biggest mistake. Wow, such a lucky person I am! I couldn’t believe it. The chain was late to be taken back. Just a tiny little second… Trust me, it makes a huge difference in battles.
When she was focused on the chain, I saved my leg from where it was stucked and escaped. She understood it, but before she could react, I kicked her balance-leg. She tottered, tried to put herself together again but I punched her shoulder. Finally she was on the ground. Still she was daring to make eye contact
“ C’mon, how many times do we have to do this? You can’t beat me Leda!
I smiled and see the exact face
“ I wonder what makes you so sure...”
Her hand ottomatically rotated the chain close to floor and I could almost fall if I had not jumped at the right time.
I heard her joyable shout, well we were both feeling the same way
I threw my daggers towards her wrist. It was the most important part of using chains, weak wrist weak warrior. She quickly escaped but the daggers made a sore, it was bleeding.
She hurled the chain again, and this time it caught my arm roughly. It was cold and sharp, I trembled when celestial bronze and silver touched my skin.
Leda pulled it and I fall without doing anything. My elbows rubbed and burned as I was drifting. I made a turn araound myself, it gave me the cance to use my legs and I jumped on them.
Our fight continued like that, for onr second I was winning, and she was the same on second one. Okay, the thing about this fight was that both Leda and I were unpredictable. As much as we tried, our guesses wew all fading.
I loved it.
I loved being that way. I usually… well ok always win my battles. I don’t know how or why but when I start to fight, it is like everything in the world stops. I only focus on my enemy and the battle. When I move, stratagies come to my mind like flashes. Like, the time stops, I see some scenes about the moves I should do, then it continues.
Creepy, huh?
I enjoy it. To be in a fight and feel myselft compelted with my weapon. Sometimes it makes me wonder if it is actually good or not. First of all, I’m not a blood-thirsty person. I don’t dream deaths and blood or all that weird stuff. In fact there have been nights that I saw a lot of nightmares. But now, it doesn’t effect me to much. I mean I’m not like ‘omg I killed this person my hand is covered with blood I will never forget those eyes I will never forget the moment I touched him now I’m a murderer it will smash me inside till the day I die…’ I hate those people. Be logical, why to get into a battle if you can’t handle killing? You and your enemy, one if you will get killed and if you’re ok with sacrificing your life for you rival just don’t make contend and make things easier by jumping of a cliff. That kinda feelings like fear and hopelesness slowly disappeared in me by years and life became easier. It is not effecting me and now I can fight without being miserable. Now I can be fully myself
I felt like I was too close to death when the chain missed me with inches but hey, where’s the fun about fighting if there’s no feelinf of danger and adrenalin? Nahhh I like it this way.
The fight was getting longer and longer and I put my everything to finish it. My muscules burned, bones hurted. I had to win. It was too close this time. I screamed as loud as I could and ran to her. She smiled evily and got ready to attack. Here it goes I thoutgh. I jumped to her and she threw her chain. This was the end.
“ Ummmmmmm, girls?”
And all the dramatic-thing fell apart.
I fell and rolled on the ground, just like Leda who lost her balance.
“ It’s enough today, you know what today is, everyone is waiting for you!”
“ Alecta we were in the middle of something!” I shouted to her. Damn my bones were hurt a lot.
“ Yeah, just like everyday. You will have a lot of chance to shred each other”
“ But it have been 45 minutes this time! Right?” Leda murmured in a dissapointed way
“ I think it can be 50”
“ And I was winning this time!”
“ Pfffff I was kicking your butt!”
“ You-“
“ GIRLS!”
Alecta called us again. See, Alecta is the person who tries crazy-nonesense-stupid tings like keeping us in charge, who is only in the beginning of twenties but can make threathening glares like adults with dark brown eyes, always makes her hair ponytail and wear the different colours of the same dress.
“ Like I said, you can continue later”
We were both ready to argue but we just gave up and started to fix our looks while Alecta was comlaining
“ Go change immediatly, don’t make them wait anymore. Uhhhhh I can’t believe you are that late! I mean, there is a simple, logical solution for this that you should have known earlier; If you want to fight for a long time, don’t start doing it when there is not much of time! Specially today! What were you thinking? Just put yourselves together before it’s too late and everything is ruined! And next time, think before you act! Be quick, or else… I swear, if this happens again… Oh, you wouldn’t want to know”
My eyes widened and suddenly turned to Alecta with my all blood-freezing look and eyes
“ What did you just say?”
Her face looked like a tomato, I could see her cheeks were redder as it was possible and her eyes were glowing
“ You can’t talk to me this way-“
“ No, YOU can’t talk to me this way. Neither me nor Leda. You have no right for it. How could you even dare? What would you mistress say about this huh? I think you should remind that who is who here, oh and learn to control your anger”
I could swear that Alecta could slap me any moment.
Don’t get me wrong, I like Alecta, I really do but there are sometimes that she forgets the difference between us and says things more and inappropriate than she should. No one can ever talk to me this way. NO ONE.
“ C’mon Violet” Leda interrupted us and hold my arm
“ Our lady is waiting for us, we haven’t been seeing each other for a long time. I’m sure there will be a lot of thing talk it about, you know how much she cares about us to be happy and ok”
She grinned at Alecta and raised her eyebrows. That’s my girl.
At the same time, I was 99.99 percent sure that Alecta had very, very bad thoutghs on her mind
Alecta left withoutsaying a word and we looked at each other. Leda hugged my arm tightly and started laughing. Seeing her like that made me the same way too and I couldn’t help but laugh as loud as she too
“ You’re evil”
“ Compliment accepted”
“ Did you see her face? I thoutgh she was going to explode. Awww poor girl, Violet what has she done to you?” Leda asked with a cheezy voice
“ And you’re the one asking this, miss we-will-rat-you-to-our-lady!”
“ Heeyyy I didn’t say that! Exactly…”
We walked to our room while talking.Well, Atalanta’s place (*coughpalacecough*) is so huge that you can use it as a labyrinth or something, and our room is on the highest floor(6…. or 8), it takes years and years to reach there. When Leda reminded me of the time again, we started to run. And trust me, it has no difference with running a marathon. We both entered at the same time and went to the opposite sides: to our bathrooms. I took the quickest shower of my life and got dressed. When I stepped out from the bathroom I saw that Leda was ready too.
First of all, she was clean. Her leather clothes were gone and she was wearing a black , beautiful silk dress in the lenght of knees. There was a purple designed part on one-shoulder. She had a matching make up around her big glowing hazel eyes, and her silver circlet with an ametist stone. Her dirty blond hair was down, and a heart pieced necklace was shining among it. Looking mysterious and breathtaking was a gift from her mother I guess.
“ You are stunning girl”
She blushed and smiled shyly, a part of her hair was closing her eye
“ Oh don’t pretend innocent, I’m not the miss beauty here, you know… And if only you would wear a dress…”
“ Hey! That mistake was made once…”
My look wasn’t so different from 15 minutes ago. I was wearing black leather archeary clothes again, with hunting boots, the only difference was jewelery. I was wearing my circlet of course, the saphieres on it were matching perfectly with my icy blue eyes. Lightning shape was based on my chain-necklace and my armlet was on like always (I have my reasons). My skin and dark brown hair with night coloured and light blue streaks looked like a mistake in all those black clothes to me. Maybe I was beautiful. Atalanta had said that beauty could be a powerful weapon for a girl, that I wouldn’t know when it could be useful. She thaught us ways to use it and I had passed all my leasons, but ummm seriously, I couldn’t care less. It doesn’t mean much to me, I mean c’mon which one is more useful as a weapon, sharp-forbidden-objects or nice hair? Not rocket science.
“Hrrrrrrrrrr”
I looked at the door, Teah was waiting there for me
“ Hello my little warrior” She run to me and I found myself in the softness of her fur. She tried ro lay me down, because of the size of her body. She just wanted to play but there was no time.
“ Easy girl… C’mon get off me” She did those puppy eyes to me (yeah it’s even worse when it’s made by a real dog)with those amazing husky eyes, still she didn’t force me because she knew what that meant. We had grown up together there, she was a birthday present from dad, and Teah was my comrade and one the closest things to me from that day on.
“ Let’s go, we shouldn’t make them wait anymore, you know how can they turn out if they lose their patience”
“ Don’t even remind me”
We walked through halls and went down from stairs as our steps slowly turned to a run-section and a race started. We were both running, jumping and yelling when the people of the "palace" replied our shouts. Neiher me nor Leda was able to breath when we entered the ceremony room.
Half of the people were sitting beside the huge dining table. table and others were talking and enjoying themselves. Atalanta was standing at the opposite corner of the room, talking with some strangers.
“ Ok, here we go… do you think she is angry at us?” I was nervous
“ No…yes… maybe. You know she is forgiving , BUT it can be worse than anger” She anwered. Yup, I knew it.
“ Dissapointment”
“ Or criticism”
“ Offended voice”
“ Judging face
“ This is so not good”
We braced ourselves and supported each other with our eyes. I turned to Atalanta to see how she was doing. I told you, I’m really not into all those looks and that kind of stuff but I should say that my lady was totaly gorgeous. Her super-long her was down with little braids, her dress was back-off and the hair was wawing at her bare back. Her long gloves were covering her arms and her circlet was on her forehead like always. I noticed that she looked like an angel in whites, with her plain, long dress. The tatoos and make up was kind of changing her look, but it was adorable. She could beat a princess or any noble women in kingdoms easily. Ok, I was impressed. I think she noticed our worried glares and turned to us. We walked towards her as she made a a hand move.
“ Where have you been girls? We’ve been waiting for you for ages”
I noticed the tone of her voice. Ooops
“ We’re so sorry my lady”
“ Yes, we were training and we couldn’t notice how the time had passed. Accept our apologies lady Atalanta”
“ Heads up”
We looked at her with embaresement, I could hear Leda was gulping. Atalanta was like a stone for a moment, than her face got softer and that familiar smile appeared.
“ It’s ok girls, you’re forgiven. For this time. I never want that to happen ever again”
We quickly nooded
“ Oh, I’m sad that I missed that amazing fight. It must be really marvelous. Soo, who won?”
“ Well…”
“ Ummmm-“
“ In fact-“
“ Not exactly…”
“ Pffffttttttttt”
Thanks to gods, one of Atalanta’s friends cleared her throat and changed the topic. I hadn’t payed atention to them till that moment, and all of 4 women there were looking quite interesting.
One of them was a red-head with olive skin, her hair was straight which looked like it had took hours to do it. There were gold and blue ropes part to part. The colour of her eyes suprised me because they were the lightest shade of brown I had ever seen in my life (And trust me, I’ve seen stranger and more eyes than you can imagine). She reminded me of a fox, I mean she was definitely not ugly but,I don’t, different. I think her mischievous smile made her look like that and made me like her. Her dress was silver colour and modern, and I really adored the her sly look, she was pretty cool. It was weird to see her exact copy next to her. (I know I know, twins) More attention I paid, more differences I noticed. They weren’t huge things, just little details to differentiate them. This one’s hair was wawier and she was a few inches taller. Their eyebrows and lips were diverse and that’s it.
The other woman looked more mature than anyone here, she was the oldest (32 or something). Her image suprised me because she was like an egyptian royality or something. Her chocolate looking hair was the same coloure with her eyes and cut short. Her skin was bronzed and her cheekbones were perfect like an typic asian. There were like, more gold and jewelery that I have ever seen in stores. I noticed she was eyeing us and the others carefully which brought me to the last person there. She caught my atention most because she was exteremly familiar. Her built was small and delicate like fragile butterfly but somehow it didn’t give me the expression of weakness. She had black and long hair, like ravens, like the darkness of the night, simply beautiful. Her dress was dark green which suited a lot because of her similar but lighter coloured eyes. The caramel colour of her skin made her look even more warm and friendly.
We listened carefully when Atalanta introduced them to us: The egyptian wannabe woman was Tamela, the lady of Earth Asia. The twins whose names were Hesper and Helen were the ladies of snow, ruler of Russia and daughter of Ravana, the great hunter. I tried to pay attention to them all; I smiled, nooded, made compliments and greeted them all with my head but I was still thinking about the black haired lady and I was dead curious when Atalanta finally came to her
“And this, girls, is Dahlia. The countries Georgia, Armenia, Syria and Turkey are under her authority. She is lady of fire and the youngest, last person of my blood, my sister”
“ YOUR WHAT!?!?!!!!” Leda’s and my reactions were the same. It wasn’t possible! Or logical… I didn’t know what to say.
“ How is that possible? You shouldn’t have, you had no sister…”
“ In legends?”
I didn’t answered. I remember clearly the day she started teaching me mytology. The time when she explained what she was and what it all meant. She was honest about every topic, she was telling us the details which weren’t mentioned in the stories and all this time, her own story was the one she wanted to talk about the least
“ It is normal that you don’t know. No one knows. When I was born, my father didn’t want me to be”
Her voice wasn’t sad or something but it was… broken maybe? Nahh, not the wright word.
“ When he learned that I was a girl, he tried to get rid of me. He sent me to the woods and it was horrible enough for that to be made to her own daughter, how could my mother say that she was pregnant to another girl?”
I remembered her story. She used to grow up with animals in nature because of his own father. Is it too cruel or I am the only one thinking that way? I wonderd how she handed it, how her mother did… I sound pretty emotional huh? Don’t. Ever. Think. That. I can be anything BUT too emotional.
Atalanta opened her mouth to continue but Dahlia took the rest
“ My mother understood I was female from the first day. She was so panicked and miserable that the nymhs pitied her and get to her help. They hid her pregnancy and when she made the birth, they took me immediately and puted me to an Artemis temple… It’s weird that two sisters end up being the same thing; a hunter.”
No one dared to speak. All of the guests eyes were on the floor like they’d seen one for the first time.
“ Well, let’s forget these things for now, it is an important day, let’s eat”
We got to the table and called for everyone, then the banquet started. There were those other ladies sitting in the chairs and waiting for us,I sat with Leda, even though we couldn’t say anything because of others, we cominucated with our eyes. I didn’t know the reason but I felt uneasy whole time, I had still something inside when everyone stood up and started to go to the ceremony room when we were finally able to speak and to not get noticed in the crowd.
“ Can you believe it?” Leda was as baffled as me.
“ No! I mean how could she not to tell us or anyone here!?”
“ This is too weird. Even for her. I mean c’mon we all know she’s got secrets but, a SISTER?!”
“ Don’t you think it is weird to not hear about her till today?”
“ Exactly-“ Her foot hit somewhere which made her almost fall and we decided to continue later.
When we reached the enterance of the room, Atalanta was waiting in the doorway
“ Hurry up girls, we’re almost starting!”
You may have seen and visit some temples or historical places, but I can tell you that our ceremony room was different than the things you could have ever seen. There were statues of gods, typical, but it was so much more. The room was oval and when you first enter, you have statues on both sides, your left and right, they went like that and there were the huge statue-parts. The eldest gods were on the left side and the other three most important goddesses on the right. The ceiling was glass, but how can I say that, it was always night. You would see a dark blue sky and moving stars at 12 a.m, in the most shinny time of the day. I didn’t know how it was that way, I’d always wonderd if it was the real sky there or something magical, I enjoyed it, sometimes I just stared to the stars there, I liked their unpredictablities. The walls were half transparent and there were lots and lots of drawings on the wall, lots of unknown stories. They were moving too, they had all their personalities like, real personnes. Shame that they couldn’t talk, but they always looked like they could understand you.
“ What time is it?” I asked
“ 15 minutes to midnight, I think I’ll go through my mom first”
She walked to the huge statues as I watched her go. Like I said, there were three statues of the goddesses we pray the most. Hestia; because of her loyality to her home and her quest. Because that she never left and give up on her duty and lost her virginity like she promised. Second, Artemis. Hers was the biggest. Why? Because she had everything that we were trained to have, she was like a role model. She was strong, independent and wild, she was the protector of girls’ power. Everything she had were the things girls should have.
And the last goddess. She was standing on the right side of Artemis. Everyone stepped away from there when reached to the statue She was respected. No one could ever talk against her, everyone esteemed and a bit refrained from her. Like mother like daughter. I mean ok Leda was LOVED from all of our friends, she was funny, talented, friendly, powerful… But her mother was on of the big three here, and I guess, no one here was stupid enough to mess up with a daughter of Hecate*
I looked at the statue. It had always annoyed me, the statues of gods. It can be “art” for mortals, but it pretty awkard to see your parent that way ( Imagine your dad in a dress and how wonderful it would look)
Oh, maybe I should explain somethings before we go on with the action;
Our lady Atalanta is a member of an old community. It’s simple, they take girls(half-bloods, nymphs...) near at the young age and train them to be strong and powerful people. their aim is to teach us how to survive and keep on with the real world, it’s kind of like hunters of Artemis, but a bit different. There are ladies in every part of the world, each of them are responsable for a region and some countries, they search for special girls, take care of them and offer them this life. These girls must be under age 6 to suit well) They teach about the past, our history, how to use our powers and about fighting. We are raised on the way of Artemis to became hunters and warriors. Every year, we’ve got this day for the sake of her. We thank specially her and to all gods to give us everything we own (I think specially Hermes for those big-screen TVs) and ask them to keep us strong and wild just like our goddes, to make everygirl know their worth . It is like the ancient ceremonies on those tv shows and movies, just in 21st century. It is kind of odd, weird and creepy but no reason to comlain about the things you can’t change. Sooo, let’s go back to the story.
Leda squated down and started to pray for her mother, I really wanted to know if she was just like her daughter. Anyway, I wandered in the room for some time and watched the walls. When it became 11.45 p.m, everyone got together like a circle in the middle of the room, it was starting.
“ The time has come. Today we’re here for our greatest ceremony, for the sake of mostly our goddes Artemis, the other goddesses we are fallowing, but all of the Olympians as well. they have given us everything we want, everything we need till that day. Our ancestors….”
It continued like that and we listened her with our whole respect, everyone had to stay silent during her talk, which they did till Atalnata started to murmure a song in Grek. It was 12.00 p.m
We sang along with her to the honour of the gods. It was a realy old tradition since the first huntress here, and would be the biggest insult if you don’t do it. With our voices, the stars at the ceiling started to move and change places, they stood aside and made some symbols and writings which were also in ancient greek. All of a sudden, the moon started to shine. It was getting brighter and brighter every second and anyone could probably be blind because of looking at it easily, I could swear that it was brighter than the sun. Which explains where our tradition to call moon “the sun of night” came from.
Torchs burned, you could feel the magic and power in every single part of your body. It was just such an incredible feeling and there’s no way to exactly describe it. It made your fears and everything dissapear, there was just peace and pure power inside of you, like you were invincible. That must have been how to be immortal felt like because I was like I could go on without eating, drinking, sleeping or anything for months.
The ladies all stepped forward to complete their duties with the last part of the ceremony, sacrificing an antelope for Artemis like people used to do in old times.
Before we continue, there’s another little tiny thing. This ceremony thing can sound really dark, weird addicted, wicked and creepy to you, you may think we are little freaks obssesed with the gods. (Well it did sounded like that to me at the beggining, I don’t know you) But in fact everything is different than it seems, our lives are like ummm, more normal? Ok normal is definitely not the right word for demigods. I am just trying to say that we are more like teens and less about the our family tree in the daily life, it’s just one day about them and it’s hard enough when the gods you are calling are usually acting not more mature than a 10 year-old.
Sooo let’s continue.
The sky turned it’s old colour suddenly and the torches faded. The lights came back, the big part was over.
“ Eveyone, please make a line behind us”
We were going to make a fast tour in the room and voilaa, the end. All of those statues were just so weird and they were making me go out of my mind. And again I’m asking to you, where’s the logic about praying to statues when you actually know the gods?!
It started with Hestia and went on quickly. Everyone was smiling and showing off when we got the her parent’s statue. Leda didn’t make a reaction, but I could guess that our lovely friends’ whispers and stares like they had never seen her before was not making things easier.
We finally made it to the opposite corner, the eldest gods
“ Say helo to you uncles” Leda smirked
“ Yeah, hey uncle P and H, how it’s going in the underworld and deep water? You look really pale today, are you alright? You are so guiet, I guess it’s just getting old…”
My voice sounded as ironic as I wanted and we just laugh. Then, he was there… The biggest one with all his might and force, threathening
“ Hi dad”
I sounded lowe than usually and the comments started to be made by others. That was the reason why Leda was my best friend. She was so close to me inside that she was noticing my feelings before even I did. She understood me and knew how to live with those expectations and curious eyes looking at yoou
“ I can’t help but think he looks like Santa with that beard”
“ Oh and your mother looks just like a human with those alienish things and bugish eyes?”
We teased with each other for some time but Leda got serious after it
“ Will you stay and, umm talk with him*”
I stared at the statue and shaked my head
“ No. No need to. Let’s go, it’s over for tonight”
She nooded and grabbed my wrist cheerfully like she always did
“ Violet!”
Atalanta called for me and I was being pushed by my dear bf before I understood what was going on
“ Go, go, go! I wonder what will we learn next today!”
And now, I was alone in the room with Atalanta who was busy with looking to the walls
“ Aella looks quiet today, she didn’t even got out to see us”
Aella is our nereid on the walls. You can see her playing and sometimes annoying others with all her smiles, energy and cheerful attitude. She is usually playing in the water, wawing her tail fin, roaming and visiting other drawings all day long
“ She must have a problem, I don’t know, maybe she is offened with us like the last time, we haven’t come to her visit for a long time”
“ I’ve thought this too but it is strange that she doesn’t come outside of her cave when you call for her, you know she is weak against sweet words…”
She was still not looking at me and I got the impression of Aella was not the reason I was there
“ Accept my apologies my lady but… why did you call for me?”
This time she turned around and answered
“ No one’s here, you don’t have to go on with that my lady stuff” she grinned at me
I sighed and relaxed by learning I could act normal like the other times I had been with her
“ Ok Atalanta whatever you like… And again, I’m sorry about what happened earlier today, about being late…”
“ Oh that? It’s ok, that’s not the reason why you are here. In fact there isn’t a specific reason, I just want to talk to you, to see how are you and know if you are happy. I don’t have much time for it, you girls are growing so fast”
“ We are growing fast? Atalanta I think no one can grow as slow as us”
About my last sentence, you might think that I’m kidding about this or it is about being mature when I say “growing slowly”
Atalanta has taken me when I was 4, it’s been 14 years. And my age? Something between 14-15. I know it sounds crazy but it is something special for our community. They make us grow slowlier than normal people, I don’t exactly know but anything’s possible here. The reason about this is that the ladies to think that people are growing too fast and wasting their lives with silly mistakes. They want to teach us the life and give some experiences, because there’s no place for mistakes in a demigod’s life… I’m not sure if it’s working.
“ You think you grow slowly, than look at me…”
“ But you are different…”
“ Yes, an ancient freak… how old do you think I am?”
“ Atalanta I’m not a kid, I know you are way older than 30”
Her smile was gentle but there was something wrong. I could sense it
“ It’s weird to know that you are aging older one day and turning back to becoming young another”
“ What, what do you mean?”
Again it was that sweetie voice
“ You know I can’t guide you girls forever. You’ll have your chances in life, without here, without me”
“ What!? When!?!”
Her arms covered mine to calm me down (which truly is not easy if I’m turning to my angry mood)
“ When you are 16”
Thanks to gods! It wasn’t that close!
“ We still got years, right?”
For a moment she looked like she was one those statues. She was standing still and I couldn’t read anything from her eyes, like she was dead.
“ Yes, sure”
I didn’t like the way the conversation went. Time to move on
“ What will you do when we will be gone?”
“ My mission never ends, I took you girls as a group and you will leave that way, and another one will be made. New girls will be chosen and everything will be restarted, even I”
“ And I should know what that means?”
“ It means that I will turn out to be 20 again and I will continue to age normaly till that group leaves”
I didn’t answer. I’d never thought she will have new ones… Of course, I mean c’mon it sounds exteremly logical, she was not going to be with us forever or quit it after us… Still learning that we, I will be replaced didn’t made my day
“ Let’s not talk abou this, I’m here to hear about you”
“ About me?... There isn’t anything special I guess, oh I think I learned how to exactly control the storms. I’m just having some problems when I’m angry…”
“ Anger is the hardest feeling to control. Not just about your power, about everything. Learn to control itself and the rest including your powers will be handled”
Sadly controling anger isn’t one of my best abilities. It starts normal but the day doesn’t end up that way
“ You’ve become such an unbeliavable girl Violet. I’m proud of everything you do, the way you act, fight, treat other people, your decisions and royality… They will all make you a spectacular unique woman. You will be an amazing warrior, and I’ll never be dissapointed in you, no matter what happens”
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! Where did these random words came from? I didn’t know how to react but my cheeks turned out like apples, which was really weird because I’m not a blushing kind of person at all
“ I don’t know what to say… What I’ve done to deserve these words? I can’t be more suprised and honured my lady”
I felt her hand brushing my hair slowly and I looked at her at the eyes
“ Do whatever you can, take all the chances and use them well, Don’t waste yourself. Don’t waste your skills, powers, intelligence, youth, beauty…”
“ No Atalanta” I answered quickly “ I want to walk on Artemis’s way exactly, to stay away from boys”
“ Violet, there’s a difference between us and Artemis’s hunters, don’t forget that”
Why do every word adults say have to be logically right?
“ Don’t swear of from boys, just don’t forget your place. Don’t let them use or despise you and remeber you are better all the time. They can’t be disrespectful to you and you should make every single of them pay for it who does this to girls”
“ Isn’t it easier to just kick their butts?”
She sighed “ Somethings will never change… Ok, whatever you like, but no one can know what will happen…”
I rolled my eyes to warm the conversation
“ You won’t know what life will set up for you”
I looked at the ground. It was happening all over again
“ What’s wrong?”
“ It’s just… I don’t know, I feel like you’re hiding too much from me, like you know everything about us. You’re like a huge mysterious boz full of secrets…”
She opened her mouth to continue but I’m really not good at listening other people’s speaches
“ You should accept it, today was a great example for that”
She got the message and her eyes widened. I felt the temperature going up on my body with the excitment and adrenaline taking over me. I knew where the conversation was going to.
“ So that’s the problem? You know that I don’t have obligation to explain anything to you about my family and life Violet”
The warmth ascended and it turned to the familiar electricity moving in my body. The blood in my veins were burning and my heart started to beat faster. Yeah and imagine to be like this everytime there is excitment.
“ Of course you don’t have to, I just thought you trusted me and we were close…”
Her face got softer but she was still serious, she is not the easiest person to impress with puppy face.
“ You know I do, but things are more complicated than you thinki somethings should been kept as secrets”
“ I just wan to know the truth…”
“ The truth isn’t right thing all the time”
Can you remember the time like when you were in the pre-school? Like the time when they gave you little questions and asked you riddles? They said that riddles made brain work and made you think better, that you’ll improve yourself. I can kick those people of a clif right now. My whole life is a riddle. They are always tons and tons of questions, things kept from you. Just a tiny question to see if I’m the problem here but is it normal that some freaks know about you more than yourself? Oh and their addiction to make you guess.
They always want more.
They always give a hint to drive me crazy but explain nothing at all. I can tell you that all those teachers are liars and it gets worse everyday. It goes on more and more confusing till you are completely clueless about what’s going on.
“ It is when it’s about you…”
“ Violet” her voice loudered. Her glares were telling me that I had skipped the line
“ I understand you. Everything will be clearer in the future, I promise.”
Oh here’s the other one. Clearer in te future. She was telling me again, and she had told this when we first met. I was really bored of waiting for the “future”. What’s the deal about the future ?! Keeping it as a secret?! Is it so hard to say you will get sick and rest in your bed tomorrow?!!!
I was really annoyed by everything, the topic and I really had to change and get out of it.
“ Hey, you must come to my training tomorrow, it’s been a long time since our last meeting in the arena. My skills improved, I may surprise you”
“ I’m sure you will”
There were these sorrowful look at her eyes again. Lively orange was gone and they had that look of being tired and worried. Like the weather sky the storm; deep and faded but annocing something’s happening.
“ Sooo”
“ It’s been quite late, you should go get some sleep”
“ Sure my lady”
She leaned to my forehead and kissed me goodnight, her lips reminded me of a mother’s, soft and comforting
“ Night honey, don’t forget that I love you and support you no matter what. Fallow your senses and heart they will lead you to the truth. I will always be there for you”
I felt my heart slowed down and gave me a feeling like melted chocolate. There were two things, the sweet feeling of being with my lady, and the suspicious thing warning me about something’s wrong

“ What happened? What did she say? Is there something going on? Does it include us?-“
“ LEDA!”
When I arrived, I had found Leda sitting on her bed with her eyes fully open, waiting for me. She had jumped onto me (I’m serious) and started to talk like 6 year-old
“ Nothing happened. She didn’t say anything important”
“ She didn’t?” Leda was like trying to figure out what was going on, her head was questioning every possibility
“ No, it was just an ordinary talk”
She let herself go on her bed
“ You’re pretty good at destroying hopes”
“ You are saying so lovely things today”
I directly went to my bed too and fell on it. I was tired, my eyes were closing, and I could swear that weird shaped bed looked like a million drachmas to me that moment
Part of me was uncomfortable. It was forcing me to think and make comments myself.
What can I say, laziness always wins
I was so tired that I got under the quilt without even bothering to change my clothes. Everything looked so calm and relaxing, a long, deep sleep was waiting for me…
Worst guess of my life.
That long sleep took like 3 hours. I wanted so bad to punch someone when Jenna entered the room and woke me up.
“ Wake Up!”
“ Hhhhmmwhazhappenin?” Leda rubbed her eyes and yawned
“ Get up right now! HURRY!” her voice rebounded in the room, I had never seen her that worried
“ Jenn, what’s going on?”
“ The house, we’re burning!”
Oh and although I have finished my dolls I have problems with uploading them but they will come out soon!
Ok I noticed that I've done some really stupid mistakes probably because of our computer programmes which ruin everything. I want to fix them but I can't enter it in iPad but I'll do it when I get the chance
heart
What the.... Whatever I will say nothing
Cause my friend you know, you are fantastic...
No U R the amazing one here Elif!!