VRSOF GUIDELINES DEBATE FORUM! READ OR I SHALL THROW GRAPES AT YOU!

misanthrope86 posted on May 28, 2009 at 05:34AM
Hello friends,

Now that the good old rating system is back in place, I think it is time we re-established the goals of the VRSOF.

link is the original forum in which we discussed some guidelines for the VRSOF. The main outcomes were:
1) Content submitted to the VRSOF for rating must not have been rated by anyone (unless of course the person submitting the content has already rated the content before posting the link).
2) Content submitted to the VRSOF must have been posted and unrated for at least one month. This time period was to give other fans of the the spot time to rate the content. For example, I sometimes visit a spot once a month and go on 'rating sprees'. Many other people do this.
3) Un-credited/un-keyworded content submitted to the VRSOF was either not to be rated or rated low, depending on the preference of the rater.
And
4) An unofficial rule was that medal-whoring was frowned upon, as the spirit of the VRSOF was to give people ratings that they deserved when other fans weren't doing it.

Clearly, when that insane new rating system came in, we were unable to identify how many people had rated content, so the VRSOF guidelines were undermined. But now that the old rating system is back again, the VRSOF should swing back into action.

So, in this forum, lets discuss the guidelines. Do they need revision? Do we need more guidelines? Less guidelines? Stricter guidelines? More flexible guidelines? No guidelines? What should be done about people who do not follow the guidelines?

VRSOF 32 replies

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...