Web-based Games Dragon Fable new classes question

harold posted on May 09, 2008 at 06:23PM
This is for anyone else who has played link recently. As you know, DF has three character classes to start: Rogue, Warrior, and Wizard. But, coming back to the game after a few-month hiatus, I see that there are (maybe?) other options now. Not to start with, but more like a D&D3 prestige class: that is to say, something you can select later in the game.

One of these appears to be the pirate class. You can get the pirate armor by going to Osprey Cove, doing some missions there to get black pearls, purchasing some stolen papers, and then trading the pearls and papers in for the pirate gear. I was expecting this to result in some nifty armor, but what it appears to do instead is create a new base skin for your character, much like the ones for a rogue, warrior or wizard, complete with base weapon. In addition, all the level-based skills I'd developed with my character as a warrior disappeared. It was like he was now a 14th level beginning pirate.

This leads me to believe, however, that the pirate may actually have special abilities that you gain as you "level up" as a pirate. Can anyone verify whether this is true? What have been your experiences playing a pirate character (or any other non-basic character, for that matter)?

Web-based Games 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago harold said…
Just a note: there are also paladins and rangers in the game, which appear as if they'd work the same way.