Heroes of Olympus RP Club Character stats

Spikegilfer1997 posted on May 15, 2013 at 01:10AM
Sup, so in an effort to make characters more balanced I have converted the forum to this. More ideas are welcome and not all my current ideas are detailed yet. Gonna get me a snack
-Arik

Stat sheet- Basic stats. Your character gains six points every year up to six points. 6X10=60 From that point on they gain four points per year. So if they were sixteen they'd have 84 points.
Ten points represents an average level for a stat, sixteen represents a standout level, twenty represents the maximum level. Whereas there is no real stat checking we'll have a rough estimate of what would be excepted.

Strength- Physical strength
Dexterity- Speed and dexterity
Constitution- How many hits they can take
Wisdom- Magical know-how
Perception- Ability to sense the presence of someone
Stamina- Ability to keep on fighting without tiring

Mutations- Choose one

Healing Factor- Superhuman regeneration

Bloodhounds nose- Able to recognize various scents.

Poison Resistance- Not to be mistaken with poison immunity, poison takes a much smaller tole however.

Infrared vision- Ability to see in terms of heat

Echolocation- Ability to see by realizing soundwaves

Hyper vision- Ability to read somebodies vital signs just by looking at them. (I.E how much energy they have, if they're wounded, how they're wounded, heart beat, that sort of thing)

Shape-shifting- Ability to change form

Traits- Traits are abnormal things about your character, you're not limited to how many you can pick, however I will provide two warnings.
1. If you pick traits like "Slender" and "Bulk" then you might as well have not picked anything because they cancel each other out since they completely oppose each other.
2. Each trait has a negative feature as a trade-off. Once again these are not enforced but it is hoped you'll play to them.

Feral State- Berzerker rage, when in this state your focus shuts out everything, pain, objectives, orders. Requires a great amount of will power or a powerful reminder to snap out of it. How it is used however is more or less up to you unless your character is enraged.

Second mind- True multitasking, allowing the mind to have two consecutive. This can result in poor focus however.

Slender- A naturally dexterous physique.

Bulk- The other side of the coin to being slender.

Training- Combat skills, for every two years your character is over eight choose one.
(I.E 16-8=8 Eight divided by two is four, pick four skills)

Intense training-All characters have use of basic weapons such as the one-handed sword style so to further that choose intense training

Exotic Weapons- The use of weapons with chains, dual-wielding and odd blades such as scythes.

Heavy-Weapons- The use of giant weapons like the zweihander or claymore

Acrobatics- Climbing and flips

Gunplay- The use of guns

Archery- The use of bows and crossbows

Healing-Vitakinesis

Elemental control- Any combination of Umbrakinesis, Photokinesis, Pyrokinesis, Hydrokinesis, Geokinesis, Aerokinesis or Electrokinesis. All of these also possess the Genesis ability (The power to create a certain element)

Teleportation- Ability to instantaneously get from one location to another (Long or short range

Necromancy- Summoning and controlling the dead

Summoning- Calling creatures to aid you

Telekinetic- Mental mastery

Chronokinetic- Time control

Flight- Ungrounded.

Illusions- Create mirages within the enemies mind

Atmokinesis- Weather control

Technokinesis- An innate understanding and control of machines.

Education- Things your character learned for studying and their hobbies. For every two years your character is over eight choose one.
(I.E 16-8=8 Eight divided by two is four, pick four skills)

Medicine- Ability to craft healing supplies

Trap-building Self Explanatory

Tracking- Ability to follow a trail

Survival- Skinning and cooking

Alchemy- Ability to craft potions

Stealth- Ability to stay hidden

Tremorlocation- Ability to sense through movement. I.E size up an opponent by their footsteps.

Smithing- The knowledge of how to make armor, weapons and other such things.

Equestrian- Able to ride various mounts.

An example link
last edited on Aug 01, 2013 at 09:30AM

Heroes of Olympus RP Club 323 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 251-300 of 323

over a year ago Spikegilfer1997 said…
Not actually bi-polar, that was a bare-neck. Made myself open to attack to make peace with Cara, a trust measure.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Mutaliation said…
I see, well the best course of action is for me to OD on some pills, see ya later, maybe.
What the hell? Dude, it was an kitchen sink argument, not a death-battle.
over a year ago Nicolicious said…
...What about making peace with me?
Did peaceful things, more concerned with Muta's comment at the mo'.
Ok...
over a year ago Blaze_of_Ares said…
wow...
Yeah, pretty frightening.
In other less terrifying news, forum conversion.
Also some fellow with a odd username sent me a message saying "I'm back!" is that Lordchaos?
Ta da btw.
That's a mouthful. I will make one....soon.
Rightio
By soon I mean in a few months. XP
No lazier then me.
Finally made it back, so what's all this "character stats" biz about.
Oh thank god. That was a scary ass phrase you left us with. Anyways as a measure to prevent random bullshits in Rp's I made this just to get a rough idea of everyone's character's abilities and what not.
Cool, I think I might have to make one for Nicholas, and maybe Alexander once I get his character fleshed out more.
Rightio.
Although, Nicholas uses his armor in battle, and even when he doesn't have it, he has several gadgets to help him, so I'm gonna put those in his stats.
I put a thing for Arik's equipment so it's fine.
Cool.
I've probably angered Alvin by limiting the mutations to one (Whereas children of Poseidon have like five) and not putting Sharingan there.
Now that I think about it, this list doesn't look like it could apply to a child of the Big Three.
How so?
Ability to communicate with animals (well horses and fish at least), shadow travel (teleportation should be the same, but it seems there's like a difference to me), and ability to control precious metals and sense direction underground (child of Pluto ability, but it should still count)
Originally I had a linguist thing under education but it felt like something all demigods would have to some extent anyways so I removed it. I simply put teleportation because shadow travel is strictly umbrakinesis, Alvin does the "Vapor travel" nonsense occasionally. Precious metals are seen as a further path of Geokinesis.
Alright, what about control over things like plants or animals.
Chlorokinesis is a extremely small area, another Geokinesis path. As for control of animals I can't say much more then illusions if it is a hostile takeover type deal.
Mind control over animals?
Where is this used? If you mean Jason and Tempest then it was as a result of his Aerokinetic abilities.
Half of these things are never used in the books so it shouldn't seem to out of place.
Fair enough. What do you mean specifically?
Like making animals do your bidding because they have weaker minds than humans, but if you're trying to control monsters that are close to animals (hellhounds, chimeras, maybe even dragons) you have to be better skilled, or you can't control them at all, those who might be able to do this are children of Lyssa, but they can only make the animals crazy and rabid, can't really think of any other god who has powers over animals.
Cybele, assuming she isn't just the other form of Lyssa. That could be anything from Hemokinesis to Telekinesis. Sort of a Psiconist sounding thing if it comes down to mental strength.
Well Cybele is basically the Roman counterpart for Rhea, the true Magna Mater.
And now I know. I was of the knowledge that she was just a minor goddess replacement earth mother.
Lot of research has to be done when finding out what the gods do, like I need to know more of hat Hecate does in order to make Alexander's stats work.
Hecate has a bit of everything, certainly necromancy, Zeus gave her some air authority, etc.
Earth, sea, and sky, but I'm not giving Alexander all those abilities for obvious reasons (but I'm not saying these powers won't be totally out of his disposal)
They have the slightest variations, not really that OP.
Yea, but a character having power over all the fields of all the Big Three is a bit OP, so for the most part, Alexander just uses basic magic energy for stuff.
A projectile is a projectile regardless of the element.
Magic is more of the energy of ones thoughts, or more simply, telekinetic energy, but the difference is that magic can be changed into different forms.
Fire through Mystiokinesis principle?
Pretty much, for the most part magic is a bit hard to explain, but basically if the user is powerful enough, then they can do anything with magic.
I seem to remember some phrase about magicians being able to cause fire by "Accelerating the particles in the air" or something so yeah, I can get behind that.
My first reference on how magic works was basically what I said, all the user needs to do is think something and it happens, but magic is energy, life energy, so when someone uses a lot of magic, it will start to take a toll on their bodies, unless a magical item is used, which have unlimited magic power unless they are damaged. Later I read that magic is simply just an understanding of everything that exists, looking at it from it's basic building blocks, then you can do anything.
I viewed it as mental strength. Like if you think of the taste of something you can kind of taste it. That but on a grander scale.
That's also involved too, in a book I was reading, this Perenelle Flamel and Areop-Enap were trapped on Alcatraz island and were being attacked by an army of poisonous flies, and Perenelle, being a sorceress, used her magic to imagine the most grotesque smelling flowers growing at a dump to lure all the flies away from something, she had to think of those flowers and how terrible they smelled, and with nothing but her magic, made them grow miles away from where she was, that's just one example of magic power.