Heroes of Olympus RP Club The Grazer Chronicles: The Last Stand, Part 2- A New Era

Nicolicious posted on Apr 24, 2014 at 09:37AM
“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”
― Frank Herbert

In the year 2026, the Mist was destroyed by an ancient Drakon that broke free of its cage in the Pacific Ocean. When the Mist was destroyed mortals could see monsters and monsters could harm them. The demigods acting out in defence destroyed the monsters, but revealed their secrets to the world. In fear the world's governments formed a single united government, the United Nations of Earth(UNE), and hunted down and slaughtered the demigods. Demigods that survived were imprisoned in a maximum security prison called The Pitt, escaped to a sanctuary island called The City or joined the demigod rebellion group known as the DSF(Demigod Strike Force).
In the year 2037, the half-bloods in the Pitt broke out and four months later started their around the world journey till they ended up in Chernobyl, an irradiated overgrown city in Ukraine, Europe. At the same time as the landing in Chernobyl, The City was attacked by an army of Grazers and destroyed. With multiple casualties they escaped by boat to Chernobyl. The DSF suddenly made huge moves on the other demigod prisons around the world and brought them to Chernobyl. Demigods can survive in Chernobyl due to their mutative resistance to radiation and in there the main base of operations for the demigods is found. Inside the half-bloods train and plan their attack on the Grazers.
The year is now 2041. A few months ago the Grazers created a serum that mutated a mortal's genetic code and enabled them to become immune to minor doses of radiation. With this serum they amassed an army and attacked Chernobyl. Many demigods died in the defence of their new home but in the end they prevailed. Driving the Grazer forces back, the half-bloods are now preparing for their biggest and final assault on the Grazers and the UNE.
Chernobyl is brand new. After the invasion, we started anew and began repairing the irradiated city. Now in the place of old destroyed apartments and schoolhouses there are buildings of Ancient Greek and Roman architecture, thanks to the children of Athena/Minerva. In place of broken down cars and machinery there are wooden and steel carts being pulled by bronze bulls and horses, curtesy of Hephaestus/Vulcan's children. We built a temple to our parents: the Olympians, the Titans and the Primordials. In the centre of New Olympus, as we now call Chernobyl, there stands a mighty swirling tower lined with statues of mythological creatures, much like gargoyles, and at the tip sits an imperial gold eagle which overlooks our new home. The tower is the home of the Inner Circle, the leaders of the Half-Blood Army and their friends and family. Houses and small tent markets line the streets and at the edge of our city, before the fortified wall, there is a large military encampment where we train new half-bloods and create our weapons. Lastly, encasing our city in its protective glow, stands a wall almost 300 feet high and 400 metres wide. The wall is made of both Stygian iron and Celestial bronze, Imperial Gold is still to rare to be used for anything but weapons, and is deemed impenetrable. Time will tell if what our architects say is true, but that doesn't matter. This is our home and it will stay standing for as long as I live and, if the gods allow it, longer.
This is the beginning of a new era. Our era.
Solum fortis, fortior simul
'Strong alone, stronger together.'

Name:

Immortal Parent:

Mortal Parent:

Weapons:

Powers:

Appearance:

Apparel:

History:

Name:

Parents:

Appearance:

Apparel:

Personality:

Weapons:

History:

~"Arik" Arisutea Akira Takahashi, Nemesis, Spikegilfer1997~
~Alton Hamilton, Poseidon, Alvin2442~
~Alvin Hamilton, Poseidon, Alvin2442~
~Derek Knight, Zeus, marshanboy~
Mortals
~Elizabeth Trace, Aqua Walker, pink-bookworm~
~Mark Ivory, Shadow Walker, Rogue475~
~"Jack" Jackson Vincentih Reid, Elementalist, Spikegilfer1997~
Grazers
~Kate Rodrigues, Sky Walker, Nicolicious~
-Seekers-
~Severran Lucius, Oculus II, Rogue475~
[b][i]“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.” 
― Frank Herb
last edited on Jun 16, 2014 at 12:00PM

Heroes of Olympus RP Club 1392 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 551-600 of 1392

over a year ago Alvin2442 said…
(Do you have something planned out about his condition?)
(Do you have something planned out about his condition?)
over a year ago Rogue475 said…
(Um why two posts? le same ting?)
(And Indeed I do, although I'm still working out the details of the end result.)
over a year ago Blaze_of_Ares said…
(so much happened....)
over a year ago Spikegilfer1997 said…
(It's a bug. Anyways, I'll have things be as if I've visited Jack. When our Aussie and Lives-near-Aussie-Town friends come on we'll just enter the suspicion about Kate.)
(Btw, I watched The Winter Soldier. And I think Blake is like Steve Rogers, except stronger)
Blake
I toss my bandages away as Arik bolted off. I walk over to Mark to see how he is. "Stay strong my friend" I tell him "You can't die yet" Leaving him to rest, I have a chat with the doctor and the healer about his condition. "Just inform me if anything happens.."

I was still in the medic bay when the scribe found me. Along with the officer. "Take 15 men to the Fort, report every 6 hours and you will be in command there" with a nod I sent them off
(I would very much like to continue, but sadly I am a meatbag, and therefore I must sleep. GTG)
(See ya)
over a year ago pink-bookworm said…
(Having no idea what to post...)
(We'll just wait for Nicol to get back, don't worry about it Pink)
last edited over a year ago
(...This is going to be awhile...)
(Back.)
(ok)
(C'mon, lol what's the point in posting that?)
(Can anyone contact her?)
(Posting back generally makes people less hesitant to post. We needn't worry that much, but if you think it might be some time it would be prudent to think of an alternate way for us to find this out and get to Severran.)
(Although it doesn't really contribute to anything)
(Neither does complaining about it. Now, speaking to Pink directly, I'll assume Elizabeth is coming on the mission to get the cure for Mark?)
(I'm merely curious on the motives, which seem to be void)
Spikegilfer1997 commented…
The motive being that Parras's original CHB Rp on the main club died off not because we weren't online but rather because people wouldn't post because they thought no one was online. over a year ago
Rogue475 commented…
well that simply isn't the case here, Pink and I are online almost all the time over a year ago
Blaze, Alvin, Cara, potentially senior spider. (Can't remember the name of the account) Phoenix was around somewhat recently. over a year ago
(Yes she is if that's what's happening and got it)
(Can we have a character check? Where is everyone?)
(Alton was in the room with Blake, the last time I remember...)
(Elizabeth is standing out in a corridor. She was waiting for Leon but I don't know where he went)
(Arik has contacted Jack. He will be there if you need to make contact, but if people aren't online in time for the operation I shall operate as if he was gather members for the strike team.)
Blake
"Alton, where is your brother?"
Alton
"He's at home...why?"
Blake
"Are you guys still searching for the Gods?"
Alton
I shook my head no. "Should we be? The gods can't really do anything, The mortals no longer believe, they're about as weak as us."
Blake
"But they can strengthen us. Communications can we hijacked by them, they are more technologically advance. You see, there is one God I am interested in...Iris"
"You can't expect to find Iris...it took my 3 years to find three gods..."
Blake
"But we need Iris, we need a way to communicate without them knowing and leaves no traces... We need her Alton"
(I thought we would track him through Kate. This is also a good plan mind you, it's just that I don't know how Alton would find Iris so quickly.)
(How exactly is Alton supposed to find Iris? I mean... There isn't exactly a god-o-radar out there)
(There's only one way.....)
(There's only one way.....)
Rogue475 commented…
lol, what's that from? over a year ago
The dragonball series, locates the seven dragon balls that when gathered together grant any wish. over a year ago
(That what I'm saying...)
(There is a solution to every problem..)

Blake
"There is a solution to every problem...and sometimes the solution is sleep. You know we used to be able to dream Alton? Dream of the future, the past, the present. Until the Grazers messed up the natural order. Specifically when Somnus and his sons were killed..."
(That seems a little Deus ex Machina-y. Happening to dream of the specific knowledge needed at a moments notice?)
(I'm not going to dream it... but talking about Immortals draw their attention, names have powers)
(This is beginning to sound a tad bit far fetched, even for HoO standards, Kate and Severran are currently on the move, Severran would immediately disrupt the message if he saw it with Kate, and Kate is still brainwashed(you know what I mean) and it just so happens that NicoL isn't here, and is unlikely to return for some time)
Blaze_of_Ares commented…
I don't understand^....blargz over a year ago
"Used to, being the keyword. Blake, if Isis wanted to be found, she would be. For all we know, she could have faded."
Blake
"Well, for the sake of all of us, lets hope she isn't." I stand "Excuse me while I check on stuff" I smile leaving.
Alton
I walked away, to go back to sleep.
Blake
Watching the unarmed combatants fight on, I remember my time as a Pitt Gladiator, with Peter and the others. Forced to fight my own I think to myself... "How goes the training?" I ask the commander, a child of Ares, fit to teach the skills of battle.
"They can fight, they can shoot" he shrugs "But in the real battle, out there. They may break, some still fear the Grazer's power My Lord."
"Can't blame them,some went through worst than others but we are stronger now, they need to see that. They must know the Grazers are still but mortal, we are demigods. The blood of Olympus runs through our veins." I must have been scowling noticing the look on his face. "Forgive me commander, continue with the training. " I left him there while I stroll through the encampment.
(My Lord... I don't really feel these titles are working... They're only in their twenties. Yeah, I'm gonna make sure my characters aren't apart of that. guess that's a given, since most of them don't have the blood of Olympus)
(Too medieval for my liking)
Cara and Blaze he joined me in my liking of Game of Thrones/A song of ice and fire. over a year ago
Rogue475 commented…
fanboyism over a year ago
If I can view it objectively, that's not fanboism. Example: The fourth and fifth books have nothing really major going on. Some PoV's are useless for chapters upon chapters. over a year ago
(In a medieval sense 12 was old enough to go to war as a squire or something. 14 was good enough to be a high-lord, 15 was good enough to lead an army in war. In the PJO mythos twelve is old enough to risk your life fighting a giant monster, it doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to me. P.S I view the human elemental walkers as having a similar status to highborn bastards.)
(Only there is no equality in this setting, when the whole point of this war is to be free of the Grazer's Tyranny. So by using titles like so, it's basically labeling everyone else as lesser. Forgive me if I find bowing before Lord Takahashi to be something beneath me)
(Lolz........Changing one tyrant for another is never a good idea...so the lord and ladies thing was a mistake. As we're putting ourselves higher than the rest...)
(It's only been an honorary thing thus far, like how we call people "Sir" who have never been knighted. Additionally some countries do have lords still, they just own large amounts of land. The only thing they gain beside that is something every other wealthy person gets, regardless of titles, influence. The point of the war is to stop genocide caused by fear-mongering. Why are they doing this? Because we are different, and in a combative sense, not equal. Besides, perfect equality isn't achievable outside of a hive mind, people are born faster, stronger, wealthier, more attractive and more intelligent than others, that doesn't change. Tyrants are people who abuse power, simply the presence of it and realizing your worth is not that. I wouldn't say that "We have to stop those damn mortals from screwing everything up." when in the end the more intelligent person should have a position of power, regardless of blood status.)
..........................................­...­...­...­...­...
Non-content level: 9001 over a year ago
(I did it again. *One sentence explanation basically saying "This is what I meant."* And the a paragraph of "Well, if I did mean what you thought I did I wouldn't be wrong." Gods damn it.)