Heroes of Olympus RP Club The Grazer Chronicles: The Last Stand, Part 2- A New Era

Nicolicious posted on Apr 24, 2014 at 09:37AM
“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”
― Frank Herbert

In the year 2026, the Mist was destroyed by an ancient Drakon that broke free of its cage in the Pacific Ocean. When the Mist was destroyed mortals could see monsters and monsters could harm them. The demigods acting out in defence destroyed the monsters, but revealed their secrets to the world. In fear the world's governments formed a single united government, the United Nations of Earth(UNE), and hunted down and slaughtered the demigods. Demigods that survived were imprisoned in a maximum security prison called The Pitt, escaped to a sanctuary island called The City or joined the demigod rebellion group known as the DSF(Demigod Strike Force).
In the year 2037, the half-bloods in the Pitt broke out and four months later started their around the world journey till they ended up in Chernobyl, an irradiated overgrown city in Ukraine, Europe. At the same time as the landing in Chernobyl, The City was attacked by an army of Grazers and destroyed. With multiple casualties they escaped by boat to Chernobyl. The DSF suddenly made huge moves on the other demigod prisons around the world and brought them to Chernobyl. Demigods can survive in Chernobyl due to their mutative resistance to radiation and in there the main base of operations for the demigods is found. Inside the half-bloods train and plan their attack on the Grazers.
The year is now 2041. A few months ago the Grazers created a serum that mutated a mortal's genetic code and enabled them to become immune to minor doses of radiation. With this serum they amassed an army and attacked Chernobyl. Many demigods died in the defence of their new home but in the end they prevailed. Driving the Grazer forces back, the half-bloods are now preparing for their biggest and final assault on the Grazers and the UNE.
Chernobyl is brand new. After the invasion, we started anew and began repairing the irradiated city. Now in the place of old destroyed apartments and schoolhouses there are buildings of Ancient Greek and Roman architecture, thanks to the children of Athena/Minerva. In place of broken down cars and machinery there are wooden and steel carts being pulled by bronze bulls and horses, curtesy of Hephaestus/Vulcan's children. We built a temple to our parents: the Olympians, the Titans and the Primordials. In the centre of New Olympus, as we now call Chernobyl, there stands a mighty swirling tower lined with statues of mythological creatures, much like gargoyles, and at the tip sits an imperial gold eagle which overlooks our new home. The tower is the home of the Inner Circle, the leaders of the Half-Blood Army and their friends and family. Houses and small tent markets line the streets and at the edge of our city, before the fortified wall, there is a large military encampment where we train new half-bloods and create our weapons. Lastly, encasing our city in its protective glow, stands a wall almost 300 feet high and 400 metres wide. The wall is made of both Stygian iron and Celestial bronze, Imperial Gold is still to rare to be used for anything but weapons, and is deemed impenetrable. Time will tell if what our architects say is true, but that doesn't matter. This is our home and it will stay standing for as long as I live and, if the gods allow it, longer.
This is the beginning of a new era. Our era.
Solum fortis, fortior simul
'Strong alone, stronger together.'

Name:

Immortal Parent:

Mortal Parent:

Weapons:

Powers:

Appearance:

Apparel:

History:

Name:

Parents:

Appearance:

Apparel:

Personality:

Weapons:

History:

~"Arik" Arisutea Akira Takahashi, Nemesis, Spikegilfer1997~
~Alton Hamilton, Poseidon, Alvin2442~
~Alvin Hamilton, Poseidon, Alvin2442~
~Derek Knight, Zeus, marshanboy~
Mortals
~Elizabeth Trace, Aqua Walker, pink-bookworm~
~Mark Ivory, Shadow Walker, Rogue475~
~"Jack" Jackson Vincentih Reid, Elementalist, Spikegilfer1997~
Grazers
~Kate Rodrigues, Sky Walker, Nicolicious~
-Seekers-
~Severran Lucius, Oculus II, Rogue475~
[b][i]“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.” 
― Frank Herb
last edited on Jun 16, 2014 at 12:00PM

Heroes of Olympus RP Club 1392 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 951-1000 of 1392

over a year ago Rogue475 said…
Mark~

I look around nervously, finally realizing I was completely surrounded. "Um... Another time, I-I really need to get some air..." I whisper to her, covering myself with the ends of my torn shirt.
over a year ago pink-bookworm said…
Elizabeth-
I look at him and no my head. "Okay. I'll be here when you need me," I say to him.
over a year ago Alvin2442 said…
Alton's eyes went wide, but he made them go back down, and he stepped back to lean against the wall.
over a year ago Blaze_of_Ares said…
Blake
"Thank you Doctor" i say and he leaves to continue his job. "Do you know what happen?" I whisper to Alton.
Alton tells him what he can. He then ruffles his hair.
(You realize Blake gave Alton a chance at some Dialogue, only there is no dialogue to be seen... O_o)
over a year ago Nicolicious said…
Taylor
I look at Mark and realise he seems crowded. "I need to go file some papers." I say and stride from the room; talking to Mark can wait.
(Alvin whyyy)
cake
(Ultimate lazy response^^^^ Here's a Cake!(PS: It's a lie...)
Mark~

I soon found myself out of the room, shaking as I walked. "Good-luck with the paperwork your highness." My voice came out raspy and dry. Taylor at this point was halfway down the corridor, and would likely be heading straight for the tower to be her normal hermit(joke) self.
(Nothing to post -_-)
(There's a reason I'm not the main character. :D)
(Even though I'd designate Taylor as the main character, seeing as it's her story, I'd say we all are our main characters in and of themselves. I try to look at it this way; we all have a tale to tell.)
(Indeed we do. And that's the beauty of writing. Each character has a story to tell and its up to you to choose that and create the character how you see fit)
(I ask Alvin cause he is a son of Poseidon and is one of the only Big Three children so far,)
(Jaz disappeared so that puts me as the only Big Three child left.
(I find it interesting how we are referring to our characters as "I" and "Me")
(Well my story is about the weakest of them all, and I could only party on so much in here...

And I just thought about Blaze Phoenix's story and Ares. Ares is an @$$hole. He knows Blaze is surrounded by Grazers and is like...This is the perfect time to claim him!)
(Some parents are just a-holes.)
Taylor
When I make it to my room the first thing I notice is that my window is open...and I didn't leave my window open. I make my way quickly towards the celestial bronze sword sitting on my bedside and grasp it. Whoever is in here isn't leaving alive.
last edited over a year ago
Mark~

There I was, alone at last, and alive... My hand went to the nape of my neck as I leaned against the wall in the corridor.
"Vanguard...?" I murmur to myself, before starring at my left wrist. As was the case from before, my Shadow Seal was still gone, and for some odd reason I felt... Different, as if; out of place in the world.
With that thought my entire body began to shiver uncontrollably. As I looked down, my hand was fading, as if I was becoming an eternal ghost. My vision went a complete blur as everything began to vanish...
I awoke moments later in the grassy plains of somewhere foreign to me. "What the hell...? Did I just... Do a Jump?"
Mark~

"Chto ty delayesh' ??" Someone asks from behind, just as I sluggishly rose to my feet. Before me was a boy dressed in farmer's garbs.
"Excuse me?" I mutter, looking over my surroundings.
Judging from the landscape and the boy's accent, I was somewhere in Russia. Didn't help that the doctor had taken my jacket and ripped my shirt to save my life, because it was ungodly cold.
"Kto ty , amerikanskaya?" The boy frowns, glancing at my sluggish posture with great interest. "... Yeah, American... Umm... Pomoch'...?" I mutter the latter, stretching slightly. "... Da"
Elizabeth-
I exit the hospital, walking until I was faced with my room. I walked in, immediately sitting on my bed. Why did It feel as though nothing would ever be the same again?
Alton left the hospital and journeyed underwater until he found his room. He created it with his own power.
Mark~

"My sun tells me your an American, is that so?" The father asks, stepping out of the house to greet me.
"Ah, yeah I am indeed." I murmur, before scratching my head. "You don't possibly have a phone I could use?"
The father raises an eyebrow and turns, motioning towards his home. "Why don't you come in and make yourself at home, I'll bring you our satellite phone." The man says, his voice thick with a Russian accent.
"Okay, thank you." I say, walking ahead of him into the house, uncertain whether to trust or not. Suddenly a blow strikes my head from behind, sending me into the black.

When I awoke, my head felt like it had been kicked by an unbroken stallion. I had been placed within a dark room full of saws and farming equipment. My hands were bound together by metal chains squeezing my wrists together from behind. "Every time, every gods damn time..." I curse, sluggishly rolling upright.
(One does not walk in front of one he does not trust.)
(You don't say, I think it's obvious that Mark isn't 100% so that's why. Besides we do it all the time, do you trust a complete stranger walking past you?)
Taylor
As I edge towards my bathroom door and clatter comes from inside. Whoever was in there seemed to have knocked something over.
Mark~

A few minutes pass, leaving me simply waiting, thinking on what I had seen on the verge of death. There was a sudden bang on the door, as if someone had slammed into it with a jack hammer. "Guess who's time is up?!" A man shouts as the door swings open, revealing a soldier dressed in rugged Grazer fatigues. I looked up, only to shrug and stand before the apparent Grazer. "I know you, your... Your the Ivory Ghost." The man grins, looking over me. "Tell you what Jordan, I'll make you a deal, if you can break out of those handcuffs to the count of five, I'll let you live, sounds fair?"
Alton fell asleep, not prepared for what he would see. He dreamed of the present of Mark. "Use your power.."
Taylor
Please don't be a giant panda, please don't be a giant panda. I pray to myself as I finally reach the door and rest a hand on the handle. With one flick of my wrist, the door is ripped open and I prepare to fight. Suddenly, my view is engulfed by a large black shadow and I'm sent tumbling across the floor. Before I can get to my feet and fight a large tongue racks it's way across my face...wait a tongue? Gazing up from the floor I come face to face with what looks like a very very large dog. A wolfhound of some sort. The dog was about the size of a dumpster and I was still wondering how the Hades it fit through the doorway when it starts to whine. "Hey, buddy...you're really really really...huge." I mutter as the dog edges it's way closer to me. It seemed way to large be a normal dog and the only other thing that came to my mind was hellhound.
(What?)
Mark~

"No, no, it doesn't work like that I'm afraid." I inform the man with a slight grin. "You see, I'm not Jordan, and alas, I'm sure as hell not the Ivory Ghost... Although it does have a nice ring to it." Standing, I chuckle, before nodding towards his piece. "I've cheated death once today, why not make it a second?"
"Now that's Mark.."
Mark~

"Simple enough." The man mutters as his hand reach for his sidearm. In a single motion my hands grabbed hold of the pistol's frame directing the muzzle away, just as a shot rang out. In that moment, everything rang and went blurry as smoke filled the cold air. Luckily for me the round had only grazed my right ear.

Our eyes met in that moment, giving me the perfect chance to slam the pistol into the man's face. As he fell back, he lost grip of the firearm, leaving me to do what it is I do best; It was a clean kill...
The shot woke Alton up. He wondered what would happen toMark, vbut with that thought , he froze the water and begain carving and images out of it.
Blake
"Yeah..me too" I say after Taylor leaves. Long day it has been, I will check on him later. Meanwhile, I have work to do in the 'Library'. I leave and jog to the small broken down building that was the old Chernobyl library, but now with some demigod touch, it looks quite good, like it came out from Ancient Rome...well I guess all of New Olympus came out from Ancient cities. Lets get to work Blake
He made a fully solidified trident. Alton stared at it for a while, before morphing it into a sword, then a harpoon.
Mark¬

"Hello Mark..." Danved murmured, stepping out of his armored truck that now occupied the back yard of the Farmer.
"... Shit, man your still kicking?!" My face lit up, surprised to see my old friend.
"Could say the same thing about you... Right... So this the part where I go for my glock, and you gun me down...?"
I scoffed, "Only if you go for it..." My voice came out as one who had no care in the world, as if it wasn't the life death decision before me. "Hey one last thing, you know... Before we do this, how's Gwen...?"
(stares confused at his inablity to be a key factor in this RP.)
(Alvin it seems you focus on the here and now, rather than past or future, which happen to be key in the progression of any plot. Perhaps you could try and involve Alton's mother somehow, seeing as that is a deep part of his past, am I correct?)
(:/ I'll see what I can do with it. I'm going to disappear for a while, as I ponder all of this.)
Taylor
As the hellhound gets closer I decide to stand my ground. This is my room and no giant ass monster is allowed to take it over. "I'm willing to stab you, you know that?"
Mark¬

"...So far as I'm aware, she's alive... Actually, last I heard, she was fighting the Grazers over in London." Danved answered, giving me a look of distaste. "London... Just the thought of it makes me shiver."
"... Place is a cluster fuck from what I hear, if she's there then she's sure to bring the fight." I scratch my head, before glancing up at Danved once more. "Listen, we don't have to do this.... Just say I got away, killed your partner too."
He shook his head, drawing his Glock slowly. "I'm gonna have to bring you in willing or not, they'll have my head when I come back with nothing."
"Then... I wound you and leave, never to see you again, besides you could use some time away from pushing pencils behind a desk." I told him with a smirk, before raising my own towards him.
"... You know what, I think I'll take you up on that offer..." He nodded, lowering his arm. "Just get it over with before I change my mind."

It was the last time I ever saw Danved again, the one who was with Jordan and I during the time it took us to reach the Grazers. He had been there every step of the way, making sure to feed us as we flew to Iwo Jima.
Alton heads back to his room again and falls asleep.

"Alton...I'm coming to get you..." His mother said.
Blake
"What do you mean you can't find him?! He just came back from the dead where could he have gone?" I ask them "How can he just vanish? grrr..." Think! where would he go?....
Mark¬

I felt a sense of closure as I drove off in Danved's truck, his figure held in the rear view mirror. It had just gotten dark. The sky was lit with a brilliant orange as the sun set in the west.
After a while of driving, I finally stopped and left the truck, standing out in the cold. A small thought tugged at the back of my mind; What happened to me...? In that moment, I extended out my left hand, the very hand which once bared the seal of darkness. I thought of only Chernobyl, my home...
This time it was different, this time there were no shadows, only a hazed fog that surrounded me.
Alton ran around their house, being three years old at the time. He was running from his mother. They were playing tag.

Adrian chased after her son, their were doing a chase-evade routine, but she just called it tag. She knew he was a demigod and she didn't want to kill her own son. So she would train him. She wouldn't let her son die. But the day he's claimed....I can no longer protect him...
Mark¬

Clerity; something I had lacked for most of this miserable excuse for a life, and something that just then decided to show itself. The seconds that followed my reappearance in Chernobyl were that of a simple understanding for my road ahead. I knew deep down what it would take to win, and truth be told; I was even beginning to question why it was we even decided to fight this godsforsaken war in the first place. The irony is that we were all just kids, infants compared to the war torn nations of Europe and Africa. Our very own little war was pety compared to the revolution taking place in the very city that was to play the greatest role in shaping the New Era; London.

The mist dissappated from my body, leaving me alone on the balcony of the Inner Circle's tower, a place I never would have thought to return to. "Hey, you can't be up here..." A guard informed me while doing a sweep of the area. His imperial gold sword glinted as he extended it towards me. "Cute," I chuckled, pushing my wrist against the flat blade, turning it from me. "I'm warning you..." The guard starred at me, a certain Roman fire in his eyes. "And now, I'm but the one to warn you..."
[i]"Raise your guard, be quick on your feet. Never let your opponent dictate the flow of battle!" Adrian shouted at her son.
He parried her blow barely, quickly replying with a feint towards her head,before colliding to her foot. The wooden sticks helped some, but snapped the second they clashed blows again. "He'll need a better weapon..."
Mark~

"... You do like to pick fights don't ya? C'mon, rules are rules, I just need you outta here." The guard sighed, obviously not wanting to further the dispute. "Well... If I'm so inclined, I can take that." I nodded, following the guard to the elevator, before heading down. Once on ground level, my first thought that came to mind was that of thirst. "Aw hell, no one will know, besides... I've got me an excuse." murmuring, I headed towards the bar at the far side of the block.

"Oh Brandy oh, bring us down, oh brandy oh!" A drunk infantryman cried out in rhythm with his pals. They were obviously Englishmen from the Northern front, washing away their troubles. "Oy, you need to quite down! People are trying to sleep just across the block!" The bartender cried out, just before spotting me enter the building. "... No, Mark, this ain't a good idea, you really shouldn't go back to the drink." The lady insisted, just before I sat down at the bar and motioned for a single glass. "Just one, I've had one helluva day..."