Heroes of Olympus RP Club The Grazer Chronicles: The Last Stand, Part 2- A New Era

Nicolicious posted on Apr 24, 2014 at 09:37AM
“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”
― Frank Herbert

In the year 2026, the Mist was destroyed by an ancient Drakon that broke free of its cage in the Pacific Ocean. When the Mist was destroyed mortals could see monsters and monsters could harm them. The demigods acting out in defence destroyed the monsters, but revealed their secrets to the world. In fear the world's governments formed a single united government, the United Nations of Earth(UNE), and hunted down and slaughtered the demigods. Demigods that survived were imprisoned in a maximum security prison called The Pitt, escaped to a sanctuary island called The City or joined the demigod rebellion group known as the DSF(Demigod Strike Force).
In the year 2037, the half-bloods in the Pitt broke out and four months later started their around the world journey till they ended up in Chernobyl, an irradiated overgrown city in Ukraine, Europe. At the same time as the landing in Chernobyl, The City was attacked by an army of Grazers and destroyed. With multiple casualties they escaped by boat to Chernobyl. The DSF suddenly made huge moves on the other demigod prisons around the world and brought them to Chernobyl. Demigods can survive in Chernobyl due to their mutative resistance to radiation and in there the main base of operations for the demigods is found. Inside the half-bloods train and plan their attack on the Grazers.
The year is now 2041. A few months ago the Grazers created a serum that mutated a mortal's genetic code and enabled them to become immune to minor doses of radiation. With this serum they amassed an army and attacked Chernobyl. Many demigods died in the defence of their new home but in the end they prevailed. Driving the Grazer forces back, the half-bloods are now preparing for their biggest and final assault on the Grazers and the UNE.
Chernobyl is brand new. After the invasion, we started anew and began repairing the irradiated city. Now in the place of old destroyed apartments and schoolhouses there are buildings of Ancient Greek and Roman architecture, thanks to the children of Athena/Minerva. In place of broken down cars and machinery there are wooden and steel carts being pulled by bronze bulls and horses, curtesy of Hephaestus/Vulcan's children. We built a temple to our parents: the Olympians, the Titans and the Primordials. In the centre of New Olympus, as we now call Chernobyl, there stands a mighty swirling tower lined with statues of mythological creatures, much like gargoyles, and at the tip sits an imperial gold eagle which overlooks our new home. The tower is the home of the Inner Circle, the leaders of the Half-Blood Army and their friends and family. Houses and small tent markets line the streets and at the edge of our city, before the fortified wall, there is a large military encampment where we train new half-bloods and create our weapons. Lastly, encasing our city in its protective glow, stands a wall almost 300 feet high and 400 metres wide. The wall is made of both Stygian iron and Celestial bronze, Imperial Gold is still to rare to be used for anything but weapons, and is deemed impenetrable. Time will tell if what our architects say is true, but that doesn't matter. This is our home and it will stay standing for as long as I live and, if the gods allow it, longer.
This is the beginning of a new era. Our era.
Solum fortis, fortior simul
'Strong alone, stronger together.'

Name:

Immortal Parent:

Mortal Parent:

Weapons:

Powers:

Appearance:

Apparel:

History:

Name:

Parents:

Appearance:

Apparel:

Personality:

Weapons:

History:

~"Arik" Arisutea Akira Takahashi, Nemesis, Spikegilfer1997~
~Alton Hamilton, Poseidon, Alvin2442~
~Alvin Hamilton, Poseidon, Alvin2442~
~Derek Knight, Zeus, marshanboy~
Mortals
~Elizabeth Trace, Aqua Walker, pink-bookworm~
~Mark Ivory, Shadow Walker, Rogue475~
~"Jack" Jackson Vincentih Reid, Elementalist, Spikegilfer1997~
Grazers
~Kate Rodrigues, Sky Walker, Nicolicious~
-Seekers-
~Severran Lucius, Oculus II, Rogue475~
[b][i]“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.” 
― Frank Herb
last edited on Jun 16, 2014 at 12:00PM

Heroes of Olympus RP Club 1392 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 251-300 of 1392

over a year ago Rogue475 said…
Mark
"Is something wrong?" I ask her, tilting my head slightly. "You seem... Distant."
over a year ago Blaze_of_Ares said…
Blake
"Well that's one more thing to tell Taylor..." I look at the guys "Arik, Alton, wonderful. Just the people I want to see."
over a year ago pink-bookworm said…
Elizabeth-
"Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking," I say turning to look at Mark and I smiled at him.
Mark
I look into her eyes, studying them for a moment, then turn away. "Okay..." I murmur, giving her a weak smile in return.
Elizabeth-
When Mark looks away I stare out the window again. Just staring at the blue sky. I was glad that it wasn't storming or anything.
over a year ago Spikegilfer1997 said…
Arik
"Ah, Lord Blake of house Ironheart, first for his name. What is it you require?" I assumed a lightly upper-class way of speaking. I noticed something. Since Alton was involved I developed a doubt of the seriousness, (Which is why I have been called arrogant from time to time.) this was reinforced by Blake's use of the word "want" instead of "need". But then again I've never known Blake to play with his words, it was quite possible it was not what I thought it was.
Blake
"Great..." I mutter "Anyways, I need your counsel. Are our demigods battle ready?"
(Isn't Blake the one who should know that? rather than Arik, whose apparently a Spy Leader/Malitiaman)
(If Blaze still exists it would probably be him, or someone else. Arik is an Athena legacy so he's hardly the worst option but he isn't the optimal choice.)
(That's what I meant, not that he couldn't, I'd just think someone else would be more suited to organizing forces)
(Well it's what I thought you meant, so no offense taken. Anyways, doesn't Blaze Phoenix exist in this timeline?)
Rogue475 commented…
Indeed, only he's been MIA since the middle of Part 1 over a year ago
(Blake does know, but he still would like counsel from those who actually fought in a real battle before. Those who fought beside him. )
last edited over a year ago
(Makes sense, the problem is I don't want to be pulling our standing out of thin air on a whim. Seems like something a good brainstorm could fix.)
(Just say something.
But the fact is, they are not that ready. Perhaps they know how to fight. But they can't win a battle or something like that. They don't know ranks and all maybe...Just be a little negative)
(A problem arises when it doesn't make sense for our characters to wait a year before trying to fix this. If it was a serious problem people would've noticed and we would've tried something.)
(Bro, I insist that either Blake or Taylor be in-command of the army)
(I personally don't see anyone else as a True Commander; for instance Arik seems to be more of the Intelligence side of a military unit. Jack... Well, he's Jack... Enough said. Mark would do it if he had to, but (at the moment) he doesn't trust himself to lead. Leon, actually... What about Leon? Isn't he the oldest?)
(Except Blaze. But will someone answer me lol)
(You kind of made it a tricky situation by asking (no offense spike) the wrong person, I'd suggest altering what Blake said a little, for instance;
"From what you've seen, do you think the army is ready?")
(That's what I meant)
(It's all how you use the words. the way Blake said it, it sounded like it's Arik's responsibility, whereas in the above version^^ it sounds like more of a personal opinion he's asking for.
(Alright)
Blake
"Great..." I mutter "Anyways, I need your counsel. Do you think the demigods are ready?"
Arik
I lent my head to my left and right as if mulling over the options. After a moment I spoke, "Tricky question. Ready to prepare? Certainly. Ready for war? Less certain, possible but it would be sloppy. After being infected with something the body memorizes what it looks like and deals with it, ready for next time. We've had the opportunity to deal the virus known as 'Grazer's' but we haven't, raising the danger for the next encounter. They know how we act now, and we haven't bother to learn about them."
(betrayal yet to come)
Blake
"Hmmm. And how would we learn about them?"
Arik
"How they deploy their troops for a start, emergency response tactic's, that sort of thing. And then we can play the political game by exposing their unethical behavior."
Blake
"But how? How can we spy on them?"
Arik
"I wouldn't think it's that much harder than how people normally spy on others. We do look like normal humans. If we were going to do it ourselves, I'd rather have most of our 'Agents' being sympathetic mortals."
Rogue475 commented…
they're all mortal technically, immortal means being able to live an eternity without dying, however that still doesn't mean one can't be kiiled over a year ago
Spikegilfer1997 commented…
Strictly mortal, demigods are a bastard breed. over a year ago
Rogue475 commented…
Demigods are mortals, only most consider them not to be, I suppose it depends how you look at it.) over a year ago
Mark
It took us the better part of six hours to reach the landing point, at which the times had become earlier from Ukraine to Germany. "It's a half hour's walk from here." Leon informs the team, opening the cargo doors. "C'mon, stick with me as much as you can." I tell Elizabeth with a nod.
(I guess you can say we are mortal by lifespan but immortal by birth...if that makes sense)
Rogue475 commented…
It just seems the term Immortality is improperly used, especially with Demigods, Whom CAN just as easily be killed as regular old humans/"Mortals" over a year ago
Alvin2442 commented…
Or as the say on twilight, Half Mortal...Half Immortal.) over a year ago
Blake
"Thank you, for your input. You can return to what you were doing just now"
over a year ago Nicolicious said…
(Hey, guys....I'm not even going to apologise for being away, you should all know I'm sorry, it's just that I've been so busy with different commitments and overall I've just been lazy. Whoops. XD I'm back now because I miss you all so much and I'm going to try not to leave. Promise.
-Lady Cara of House Baratheon.)
Taylor
"What does this even mean?" I grumble to myself while rummaging through piles of paperwork. "This is all nonsense..."
(Welcome back Cara, hope you enjoyed yourself)
Blake
I knock on Taylor's door. Alot of things to get settled... I remind myself
Taylor
A knock sounds on my chamber door and I groan. "Come in," I say while piling all the papers back together.
Blake
I enter the room smiling "Hey, how are you?"
Taylor
To my relief, Blake steps into the room. A smile instantly plasters itself on my face and I step towards him. "Hey, I'm...frustrated." I sigh.
(Gtg, season finale of GoT is on. Bye.)
Rogue475 commented…
How was the trip? over a year ago
Blake
"Ruling can be frustrating." I pull her into a hug
(Lol well I finished Book 3 few days back. Tomorrow I'm getting Book 4 and hopefully 5)
over a year ago Alvin2442 said…
(Um...yeah. I'll just fade into the background, until I can post something meaningful.)
Rogue475 commented…
It seems you need to engage in conversation... That leaves two options; Spike's characters, or maybe Alias over a year ago
Blaze_of_Ares commented…
Spike is next to you over a year ago
Elizabeth-
I look over at Mark as we get out of the plane. "I will. Don't worry," I say to him with a smile and then look out ahead of me. Leon follows us out of it.
Mark
The German sky was a brilliant red, with the sun just beginning to set in the west. I couldn't help but admire the peaceful view, thinking of how everything had been going so well... At least thus far... "We're coming up on the Compound, so check your gear one last time before we breach." Leon instructs and starts to slow his pace, along with everyone else in the rescue team.
Elizabeth-
I nod towards Leon and check my gear as he had instituted. Once I was sure that it was fine I told Leon. "Mines all good."
Taylor
"You think so, huh?" I laugh dryly and reciprocate the hug.
(What about Kate? Severran is getting bored :-(
Mark
"Mine too..." I murmur, glancing at Elizabeth. "So how many prisoners am I gonna need to zap to Cherno?" I ask Leon, stepping forward to walk beside him. "I never said you were sending em..." He shrugs with a grin. "... Leon, c'mon... You wouldn't have asked me to tag along unless you needed teleporting." I scoff dismisivly.
I ignore the boys and continue walking, looking out in front of me. There weren't anything around the place really.
Mark
Trees... There were trees, and everywhere. As far as the eye could see; it was all but a forest. "There are sixteen or so demigods and about thirty or so human resistance members." Leon mutters. I nod and fall back in pace to meet with Ellie's. "So look at you, all grown up and fighting for a cause." I grin, nudging her.
Elizabeth-
I laugh with a slight shake of my head. "I was always grown up," I say to him. I ducked away from a branch of leaves coming towards my face.
Mark
"Oh? Is that so?..." I laugh a little, looking down. "Do you remember that night; when you escaped so long ago?"
Elizabeth-
"Yes it is and yeah I remember that. I remember most things," I tell him with a small smile as he looks down onto the ground.
Mark
"That night you left..." I sigh and stop to talk to her face to face, for I had to get this out. Over all those years of misery... "That; spark, you ignited, Ellie you were my hope in this darkness..." I tell her, touching where my heart resided.