Heroes of Olympus RP Club The Grazer Chronicles: The Last Stand, Part 2- A New Era

Nicolicious posted on Apr 24, 2014 at 09:37AM
“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”
― Frank Herbert

In the year 2026, the Mist was destroyed by an ancient Drakon that broke free of its cage in the Pacific Ocean. When the Mist was destroyed mortals could see monsters and monsters could harm them. The demigods acting out in defence destroyed the monsters, but revealed their secrets to the world. In fear the world's governments formed a single united government, the United Nations of Earth(UNE), and hunted down and slaughtered the demigods. Demigods that survived were imprisoned in a maximum security prison called The Pitt, escaped to a sanctuary island called The City or joined the demigod rebellion group known as the DSF(Demigod Strike Force).
In the year 2037, the half-bloods in the Pitt broke out and four months later started their around the world journey till they ended up in Chernobyl, an irradiated overgrown city in Ukraine, Europe. At the same time as the landing in Chernobyl, The City was attacked by an army of Grazers and destroyed. With multiple casualties they escaped by boat to Chernobyl. The DSF suddenly made huge moves on the other demigod prisons around the world and brought them to Chernobyl. Demigods can survive in Chernobyl due to their mutative resistance to radiation and in there the main base of operations for the demigods is found. Inside the half-bloods train and plan their attack on the Grazers.
The year is now 2041. A few months ago the Grazers created a serum that mutated a mortal's genetic code and enabled them to become immune to minor doses of radiation. With this serum they amassed an army and attacked Chernobyl. Many demigods died in the defence of their new home but in the end they prevailed. Driving the Grazer forces back, the half-bloods are now preparing for their biggest and final assault on the Grazers and the UNE.
Chernobyl is brand new. After the invasion, we started anew and began repairing the irradiated city. Now in the place of old destroyed apartments and schoolhouses there are buildings of Ancient Greek and Roman architecture, thanks to the children of Athena/Minerva. In place of broken down cars and machinery there are wooden and steel carts being pulled by bronze bulls and horses, curtesy of Hephaestus/Vulcan's children. We built a temple to our parents: the Olympians, the Titans and the Primordials. In the centre of New Olympus, as we now call Chernobyl, there stands a mighty swirling tower lined with statues of mythological creatures, much like gargoyles, and at the tip sits an imperial gold eagle which overlooks our new home. The tower is the home of the Inner Circle, the leaders of the Half-Blood Army and their friends and family. Houses and small tent markets line the streets and at the edge of our city, before the fortified wall, there is a large military encampment where we train new half-bloods and create our weapons. Lastly, encasing our city in its protective glow, stands a wall almost 300 feet high and 400 metres wide. The wall is made of both Stygian iron and Celestial bronze, Imperial Gold is still to rare to be used for anything but weapons, and is deemed impenetrable. Time will tell if what our architects say is true, but that doesn't matter. This is our home and it will stay standing for as long as I live and, if the gods allow it, longer.
This is the beginning of a new era. Our era.
Solum fortis, fortior simul
'Strong alone, stronger together.'

Name:

Immortal Parent:

Mortal Parent:

Weapons:

Powers:

Appearance:

Apparel:

History:

Name:

Parents:

Appearance:

Apparel:

Personality:

Weapons:

History:

~"Arik" Arisutea Akira Takahashi, Nemesis, Spikegilfer1997~
~Alton Hamilton, Poseidon, Alvin2442~
~Alvin Hamilton, Poseidon, Alvin2442~
~Derek Knight, Zeus, marshanboy~
Mortals
~Elizabeth Trace, Aqua Walker, pink-bookworm~
~Mark Ivory, Shadow Walker, Rogue475~
~"Jack" Jackson Vincentih Reid, Elementalist, Spikegilfer1997~
Grazers
~Kate Rodrigues, Sky Walker, Nicolicious~
-Seekers-
~Severran Lucius, Oculus II, Rogue475~
[b][i]“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.” 
― Frank Herb
last edited on Jun 16, 2014 at 12:00PM

Heroes of Olympus RP Club 1392 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 101-150 of 1392

over a year ago Rogue475 said…
Mark
He stands there a moment, looking towards Ellie. It was as if it had just occurred to him. "Very well, that I can do." He nods to her, then gives me a quick glare. "Guess the reckless approach doesn't always solve problems." I mutter with a grin.
over a year ago pink-bookworm said…
Elizabeth-
I smile at him. "Yep. I wasn't expecting him to actually agree with that," I laugh waiting for the roman to come back our from the door.
Mark
Roman enters Taylor's room, but just before he rounds the corner for her chambers he knocks on the wall. "Lady Kinnley, A man claiming to be your brother is just outside. He is armed, and not alone." He tells her, trying to be respectful of her privacy. "Well, you do have a way with words, just as I do with guns." I muse, motioning towards my shotgun.
Elizabeth-
"I can work guns too, but yeah I guess that's right," I smile, waiting for Roman to let us in the room. I could hear him saying how Mark was armed.
over a year ago Blaze_of_Ares said…
Blake
"Mark, Elizabeth" I call out to them from the corridor. "Going for a mission?" I ask, looking at their equipment.
Mark
"D*mn right we are!" I laugh and walk over to Blake. "Hey man how are things up here?"
over a year ago Blaze_of_Ares said…
Blake
"Pretty good, the school had been repaired. The young one can finally go to school and study" I smile
Mark
I pause and smile slightly. "... That's-that is really great, that'll help a lot of kids. Hmm, it must be a fun job... Being a teacher." I trail off, thinking on what could have been.
over a year ago Alvin2442 said…
Name: Alton Hamilton

Immortal Parent: Poseidon

Mortal Parent: Adrian Ewing, Grazer.

Weapons: A Celestial Bronze, Imperial Gold alloy saw-like katana. About 4 ft long. Riptide.

Powers: Same as always.

Appearance: 6'5, his hair is has gained some blue in it. His eyes are a clear water color. He's built and muscular, from all of the tortures the Grazers had him do, working out, battling grazers, and escaping the Pitt. His hair is longer, reaching a little past his neck. He has multiple whiplashes on his back and one giant scar across his back, because of his mom.

Apparel: Blue shirt with no sleeves, a black leather jacket, navy blue jeans, black shoes, which help him when fighting and running. Black Fingerless Leather gloves.

History: Was took to the Pitt at age 7. He used to do slave work, before the Grazers made him do coal work. At age 12, they put him in the Arena, and since he was good at all of them, the grazers made him do all three. At age 17, he broke free from the Pitt with help from his friends. When they made it to Chernobyl, he left back to the US and searched for the gods. The last time he was seen was raiding a minor Grazer prison and helping the prisoners escape.

A year ago he got back to Chernobyl. He helped with the build-up. He now helps around with the Half-Blood Army.
(I got this bad feelin we aren't gonna be seein Cara for some time... *Sigh* Well, it was fun while it lasted)
(Yeah... Most likely)
(...Hey Rogue...)
(Hey man, what's up?)
(Nothing much.)
Alton
I just finished walking by the school, grinning on how well we've built up.
Name: Alvin Hamilton III

Immortal Parent:Poseidon

Mortal Parent: Adrian Ewing, a grazer.

Weapons: Hydro. A blue xiphos that's about 3.5ft long.

Powers: Same as Alton's.

Appearance: 6'4. Pic.

Apparel: Pic, with armor underneath it.

History: The City.
Name: Alvin Hamilton III 

Immortal Parent:Poseidon 

Mortal Parent:  Adrian Ewing, a
over a year ago Spikegilfer1997 said…
(We should probably put the "Lady and Lord" hierarchy into more definite terms. I like the idea as it gives rise to various mental images of Arik sitting arrogantly on a throne (Predominantly the IT) and the idea of our demigod collective forming its own culture.)
(Also Jack is what we've come to refer as a "Shadow walker" or the well-defined "Umbrakinetic", the artful "Echo of Hades" the more basic "Shadow manipulator", etc. Not an elementalist in the sense that he has control of multiple of them.)
last edited over a year ago
(That came as highly self centered talk, do you read it before you post? Because sometimes I just want to turn off my computer and go play a team strategy game.)
(...I don't know what to do.)
(We're just gonna wait for Cara to get back, however long that may be... :-(
($#!%! That could take forever!)
Rogue475 commented…
Usually does :-/ over a year ago
(Addressing a couple issues with some personality. Personality is that thing that makes characters so I make an effort to maintain it, Rogue dearest.)
(well to be honest I don't think we'd be able to "get along" well in reality. To me, arrogance is nails being scraped against a chalkboard)
(I try not to be arrogant. Most of the time.)
(Everyone is arrogant at some point, only when it becomes a trend is it morally unacceptable. On another note for Al; Remember when Aqualad blew up last year? When I sent you that message saying what an *ss he was being?)
(In reality jokes are more easily perceived. Which, seemingly what you did not pick up was what the "Thrones" comment was.)
(I have viewed this all as a collective of instances, often do I tire of it. When you mentioned that Arik was a leader, honestly I'd shoot myself if someone like that was to lead me. Look I have really nothing against you as a person, it's only that Arik has a tendency to make himself out be nothing of a leader, and then you just kinda threw it out there that he was... I mean... okay?... Look, it's your character do whatever you want.)
(Leader by right of mind, not by charisma. Perhaps leader isn't the right word by "Idea man" doesn't really work. Strategist, perhaps. "Morally unacceptable"? I can understand if you can't stomach it but that doesn't seem like the correct place to use the word moral. It's not like.....)
( Arik: I am the best at everything)
( Random fellow: I'm better at algebra)
( Arik: *Stabs random fellow* Nope. *Continues on his merry way*)
(Arrogant? Yes. Moral questionable? Yes. Do those things equate? Not necessarily. I recall you claiming that Arik didn't have any real flaws like the others (Love, grudges, etc) Whereas I didn't address that in any fashion I trust you no longer have that concern. My curiosity has been piqued in a non-aggressive fashion, so tell me, what does Arik do that comes across as "Non-leader-y")
(Arik always struck me as the Lone Wolf Introvert that only really cares about himself, sure he can be strategic, but as far as leading people into battle, well that was something that was just kind of thrown into the mix without any build up or character development. For instance with how he acted in the case of Leon's sister, I'm sure I don't need to go into any of that with you. But nonetheless, he has shown time and time again to be only in it for his so called: "Moral Code?" Just from a realistic standpoint... He is a child of Nemesis... Which makes him a wild card in and of himself(That I understand) But to have him as this 12 weapon weilding, Antihero, with a number of abilities(Which you say have the same effect, which to you is justified)... To me that doesn't make a leader. What makes a leader is his/hers ability to inspire, direct, and understand the people under his/her command, the enemy, and the situation)
(... WAZZZT U{O!)
Rogue475 commented…
um... huh? over a year ago
(As for the Leon's sister thing that was 75% my lack of understanding about what was going on. So for the most part I just decided to go with something random and when I did understand the gist of it things didn't blend so well.)
(Arik's entire character motivation is "The greater good" so it's not really a matter of selfishness. He does see himself as a person with extraordinary value which means he places himself ahead of others and he is one of the few people he trusts to serve "The greater good" People act differently in different situation but as with the battle the was pretty much all tactics and strategy. It's not the abilities or anything that makes him able to take command, it's the mind behind that. He's always had that ability it is just rarely required. For example, getting the group to the sea without getting destroyed by the grazer's in Revelations. This comes from the Athena legacy and the Nemesis blood only made him more calculated.)
(Another part the addresses the bulk of your question is coming up.)
Rogue475 commented…
you mean sea? because CHernobyl is nowhere near the sea, only a big giant lake somewhat closeby over a year ago
Spikegilfer1997 commented…
I mean back when we were in (New York?) America. We were in some house with the tank and Arik proposed that they use the tank as a diversion and get Cara/Taylor (Can't remember which one) to shadow travel them to the shore. The tank was destroyed and the demigods appeared dead for the moment. over a year ago
Alton
I whistle, controlling a bit of water, from my drink.
(From how you ordered your definition of leader I can see the disconnect. Inspiration works differently for different people but for the most part Arik doesn't bother. He's from *And you're gonna hate this* the Stannis Baratheon school of command. Focused on results. The mindset is more "These are the pieces I have, this is the enemy, these are my primary, secondary and tertiary goals." And the ability to forgo his own moral suffering for "The greater good"
Whereas the "Inspiration" part of things is the Renly Baratheon school of command. Well beloved by his people, noble appearance, but not necessarily the best for the job.
And then there is the third school, Robert Baratheon's school of command. Great at all of the above but outside of the battlefield lacks anything comparing the intelligence shown within. Not for the delicate nature of politics.
To avoid having a Gary Stu you should probably pick one of the following archetypes. I choose the first as it allows me to have Arik be skilled in the battles fought with words and it fits the morality to have it be numbers with command and have it be more personal with politics as people in positions of power have likely have a considerable amount of worth. And it makes sense with the fighting style to have Arik only employ his command skills when needed, in the amounts that they are needed. It fits the trust issues to not immediately bring out his full intellect as he trusts few people. Not because he thinks they can't be trusted, (Oddly enough) but because he thinks they can be tricked (And Arik thinks he can't because of his arrogance. He's harder to trick than most people but certainly not impossible.)
(Overall I like these conversations, makes me put the character into more concrete terms instead of a vague perception I have in my head until pressed.)
(Can we end this?)
(It is topical. It could be moved over to the GTK forum though. The path to take is debatable.)
Alvin
I practice sword-fighting.
(You're not gonna change my mind Spike, I simply don't see Arik as a leader. That's just something I'm gonna have to come to terms with. Spike, Your imagination is like the arch-rival of my realism haha)
(I'm not miffed about, if anything I found this enjoyable. Also *You're* :D)
(Actually not quite so, you're=you are, I was referring to your imagination XD Fun Stuff)
(I mean the "Your" at the beginning of your sentence. En garde!)
(Oh my god wow guys.)
(Tuece' Spike, I'll give you that one)
(Why don't we stop spamming now? And don't add to it by replying to this ;-)
Spikegilfer1997 commented…
Noted. over a year ago
Alvin
I pluck the pen out of the air that was thrown at me. "You can have Riptide back. I don't need it anymore."
over a year ago Nicolicious said…
Kate
"Suffering is always necessary if you wish to succeed." Kate snaps at the Seeker turning to face him. "It beats your foes and underlings into submission. Remember that."
Seeker Lucius
He chuckles to himself, inching closer to the victim. "I know your fate." Severran whispers into the boy's ear, then turns to Kate. "Your Ignorance is amusing." He tells her with an unnervingly calm voice. "You need not lecture me on the art of interrogation. For maybe you don't see it, but simply put; you underestimate my conviction to the cause."
(Dang. All the RPing is happen where my character isn't.)
(... Well... Where is your character? o_O)
(Chernobyl.)
(Yes, I got that much, I mean where in Chernobyl?)
(Half-Blood Army Base...)